Last Monday, the House Judiciary Committee served McGahn with a subpoena in its investigation into obstruction, asking that McGahn testify before the panel on May 21.
Justice Department spokeswoman Kerri Kupec called Pelosi's allegation "reckless, irresponsible and false".
Flood also said Mueller's 448-page report suffered from "an extraordinary legal defect" by failing to determine whether Trump had committed the crime of obstruction of justice.
Instead, Mueller produced "a prosecutorial curiosity - part "truth commission" report and part law school exam paper", the letter said.
Both the Justice Department and the special counsel's office declined to comment.
The refusal to "exonerate" the president, he wrote, turned the presumption of innocence on its head.
"The Cohen hearing proved to be a partisan stunt, although maybe not a good-faith attempt to get accurate testimony from a reliable watch", the lawsuit says.
Flood adds that though Trump allowed his staff to be interviewed by Mueller's team, he did not waive executive privilege and reserves the ability to instruct his aides to decline to testify in congressional investigations. Trump advisers have argued that the newest requests are fishing expeditions, broad-based inquires meant to extend beyond what should be in the researchers' purview to be able to embarrass Trump and may set a unsafe precedent for future principal executives. "Initially, we had begun with a decrease - even the president was desperate to push it as much as $2 trillion", Schumer stated.
President Donald Trump's narrow definition of an "emolument" failed to win him an escape from a lawsuit by nearly 200 Congressional Democrats who claim the president is violating the Constitution by doing business with foreign governments.
The White House has objected to McGahn's appearance.
White House officials believe the trade deal they are trying to strike with China will not need congressional approval, but the Canada-Mexico deal will, because it revises an existing trade agreement.
"We'll wait to hear what the president has to say", Pelosi (D-Calif.) said.
U.S. President Donald Trump arrives for an event honoring 2018 NASCAR Cup Series Champion Joey Logano at the White House in Washington, U.S., April 30, 2019.
- Venezuela's opposition leader Guaido claims support of soldiers in Caracas
- House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy blasts Rep. Jerry Nadler over Barr
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wish Princess Charlotte happy birthday
- White House Lawyer: Mueller report written like law school paper, very political
- The big changes coming to Facebook and WhatsApp
- Apple shares flirt with $1 trillion valuation on China sales uptick
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Kit Harington And Emilia Clarke Tease 'Game Of Thrones' Final Episodes
- White House asks Congress for $4.5 billion in emergency spending for border