ZDNet's Mary Jo Foley and Larry Dignan lament how developer conferences such as Microsoft Build, Google I/O, Facebook F8 and Apple WWDC are more about corporate vision statements and less about the actual tools developers actually use. Some of the new libraries for Jetpack include CameraX, an open-source library that should make camera development easier across a range of unique Android devices.
"Today we also announced Project Mainline, a new approach to keeping Android users secure and their devices up-to-date with important code changes, direct from Google Play", said Dave Burke, VP, Engineering. Google says. Going forward, the firm will add support for basic text features (copy/paste, selection), plugins, Progressive Web Apps, DevTools debugging, and more. The idea with the technical preview is to get early adopters to try it out and provide more feedback.
Android Q will be the 10th major release in the operating system's history, and it will bring additional support for smartphones that utilize it and will offer numerous new features. While Google had not updated these figures since October 2018, Google I/O 2019 finally saw the company refreshing numbers on the versions of Android that are in use. Notifications also get minor updates, enabling the driver to view, listen to or respond to various highlights. Most importantly, turn-by-turn navigation is shown at all times with the new user interface.
Another notable new feature is called Live Caption.
Android Q will be introducing Focus Mode, which is meant to help you focus on tasks without distraction.
Once we have download links, we'll update this post. As a result, users can perform multiple commands simply by speaking. Today it published samples of how to get it up and running on small devices such as Raspberry Pi. Previously it was only available on Google's own Pixel phones.
Companies like OnePlus, Oppo, Sony, and Essential are back again this year, but new comers like LG and Huawei are getting in on the fun too (12 OEMs total).
- Cyclone Fani death toll rises to 42 in India, Bangladesh - International
- China says trade envoys preparing to go to Washington
- Philadelphia 76ers: What happened to Joel Embiid in Game 4?
- Partial withdrawal: Iran pulls out of parts of 2015 nuclear deal
- Warriors 'brace for seismic change' with Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson free agency
- Liverpool - Barcelona: Salah, Firmino replacement options
- Markets got 'way ahead of themselves' on China trade talks
- Biden offers Trump a nickname for starters - clown
- Avengers: Endgame Directors Reveal the Role Katherine Langford Was Supposed to Play
- Trump tweets that Chinese tariffs to jump to 25% this week