The Knicks have the cap space for two maximum salary free agents and are targeting Durant and Irving as their top choices. It is widely believed Warriors star Kevin Durant will leave the team in free agency after the season.
Warriors sharpshooter Klay Thompson is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent in July. They now have the highest chance (14%) of landing the number one overall pick in the upcoming draft and the have the most salary-cap space of any team in the league (nearly $73 million). If it is the Warriors that offer him the max, then it is all but a guarantee he will re-sign.
The Clippers are also considered the Knicks' prime competition for Durant. But if he wants to lead a team of his own, there is no better place than Boston, who are certain to strengthen their team in the summer.
But the good news for Warriors' fans is that the Rockets will be in trouble if the three-peat-seeking champions ever put together a solid game. They are followed by the Raptors and Lakers, who are each at 20-1. According to a report from ESPN's Stephen A. Smith, Thompson is not now feeling the love from the Warriors.
I, for one, truly enjoy speculating that my favorite team will land the best player available each and every opportunity, but this Kevin Durant to the New York Knicks story might be getting out of control.
"I'm told Klay Thompson-I have not spoken to Klay Thompson, in fairness to Klay Thompson, so let me be clear about that".
Of course, there is more than one way to be successful and the Lakers don't need to make the biggest signing of the summer to be successful.
Durant has played a key role in helping the Warriors win back-to-back titles since he arrived in 2016 and they are now favorites to lift the Larry O'Brien trophy for the third straight year. Right now, it's hard to get a gauge on what the team will do.
"I could see them at 12-1 [with Durant and Irving]", Sherman said.
- Pentagon: Chinese military growing fast to challenge USA military superiority
- Trump tweets that Chinese tariffs to jump to 25% this week
- Liverpool - Barcelona: Salah, Firmino replacement options
- Philadelphia 76ers: What happened to Joel Embiid in Game 4?
- Biden offers Trump a nickname for starters - clown
- Lady Gaga says her unshaven legs will 'complete' her Met Gala look
- Rep. Jayapal: AG Barr's no-show for House testimony 'deeply destructive'
- China says trade envoys preparing to go to Washington
- Israel and Gaza militants agree to cease-fire after weekend of violence
- Google’s Pixel 3a XL Spotted in the Wild