It came 24 hours after Liverpool beat Barcelona 4-0, having lost the first leg 3-0, to book their place in Madrid.
There's a certain poetry to that, isn't there?
With veteran Spanish striker Fernando Llorente on as a second-half substitute, Tottenham refused to lay down and when Moura scored in the 55th minute the impossible began to seem possible for the north London club.
"They are all heroes but Lucas Moura was a superhero".
"We always believed this moment was possible".
Erik ten Hag's team, who had already eliminated Real Madrid and Juventus, were applauded by their devastated fans at full-time and must now somehow lift themselves to try to complete a Dutch league and Cup double.
When the final whistle went, Pochettino sobbed uncontrollably and he was still misty-eyed when he spoke to the media.
Moura had to wipe away tears as he listened through earphones to the reaction of his victor for Tottenham to earn them their first ever appearance in a Champions League final.
If you're still trying to figure out just what on earth is going on in the world of football at the moment, especially in the Champions League, then don't worry.
Ziyech hit the post for Ajax who appeared to have weathered the storm but Moura struck past Andre Onana to flatten the Ajax players and send the away fans into delirium. I think they are super-heroes now.
'We have had an incredible Champions League season and have grown a lot as a team.
Kane has been sidelined with an ankle injury since last month's quarterfinal first leg against Manchester City. I feel sorry for Ajax, they played better football than us over the two games'.
- Avengers: Endgame Directors Reveal the Role Katherine Langford Was Supposed to Play
- Meghan Markle Welcomes Baby Boy With Prince Harry
- The Next Three Star Wars Films Get Release Dates
- Hackers steal $40 million of Bitcoin from crypto exchange Binance
- Fallen Man Utd face huge rebuild after Champions League failure
- Cyclone Fani death toll rises to 42 in India, Bangladesh - International
- Android Auto gets major redesign with new features
- Google Launches $399 Pixel Smartphone with Best in Class Camera
- United States increasing pressure on use of oil
- Liverpool Knocked Barcelona Out of the Champions League When They Weren't Looking