The Argentine was near his brilliant best in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final against Liverpool, scoring two goals, including an exquisite free-kick from distance to help his side to a 3-0 advantage at Camp Nou.
Virgil van Dijk has declared that "this is just the start" after Liverpool stunned the football world to reach a second Champions League final in two years, and are still in with a chance of winning the Premier League title.
Barca have brought in Arturo Vidal and Arthur Melo this season and have already secured the signing of Frenkie de Jong coming for next term.
Goals win matches, but should they be the measure of every player?
"We've had a fantastic season, both of us".
"We'll see what's going to happen in Brighton". We need to try to get three points.
"They surprised us with the fourth goal - presumably my players weren't looking".
"I had a club where they never understood how important the ball-boys are."
So much praise has been heaped on Liverpool's famed front three Mo Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino, there has been nearly shock that they have another forward, Origi, capable of winning even the biggest matches. We've been working very hard this season.
"I think anyone who was at the game will say it was probably one of the best atmospheres they have ever witnessed".
Just as moves are being stepped up that threaten to change the Champions League into more of a closed shop than ever, along comes the drama of this week at Anfield and in Amsterdam of a sort possibly unmatched in sport. We've had a fantastic season so far.
England play Holland on Thursday, June 6 and will have to play an additional game - either the final or the third place play-off.
Liverpool expect Mohamed Salah to be back to face Wolves on Sunday. Now we go to a final and we'll play it, learn from the past few years and see what we can do there.
Robertson left the game at halftime with a calf injury and did not return.
- US Hikes Tariffs On Chinese Goods, China Says Will Strike Back
- Max Verstappen on why F1 can never replicate Champions League drama
- 3 killed, 18 injured in blast in Pakistan's Lahore
- Chinese envoy says trade talks with US have not broken down
- Kim Kardashian Helps Free Another Inmate Serving Life Sentence
- Valencia midfielder Parejo: Emery talk put Miguel to sleep!
- White House 'Directed' Ex-Counsel McGahn Not To Comply With Congressional Subpoena
- Google Launches $399 Pixel Smartphone with Best in Class Camera
- Hackers steal $40 million of Bitcoin from crypto exchange Binance
- David Luiz: Chelsea defender expects new deal before Europa League final