Steve Kerr already ruled out Kevin Durant for Warriors-Rockets Game 6 on Friday, but the news got even worse for the warriors if the series against the Rockets gets pushed to a Game 7. He finished with 22 points, five rebounds and four assists. After he departed with the injury, the rest of Golden State's array of stars helped the Warriors close it out. James Harden was invisible down the stretch, and his only shot attempt in the final 10 minutes was a virtually meaningless layup when the game was nearly in hand for Golden State.
"It's not the Achilles'", Kerr said.
I'm not talking about mediocre teams chasing a couple of home playoff games at the expense of crucial lottery positioning, or a team in need of an obvious rebuild making a shortsighted move just to jump into a meaningless playoff race. That the Rockets failed to do the same in Game 5, despite the advantage that came with Durant hobbled, left plenty questioning if they eased off the gas after Durant departed.
"A lot of it is factored into this spot in Game 6 where obviously Houston's backs are against the wall". Golden State would host a potential Game 7 on Sunday; the Warriors lead the series, 3 games to 2. "Two very key sequences in that game, two key shots for us", Green said.
The Rockets thought they were onto something in 2017, cruising past the Thunder in five in the first round before trouncing the Spurs 126-99 in Game 1 of the conference semifinals.
Milwaukee has dominated games by throwing a blanket over Boston's Kyrie Irving, who shot one-for-seven from three-point range on Wednesday. Additionally, the Warriors are now +140 to win the title, compared to -110 prior to their Game 5 victory.
Kerr and the Warriors know the Rockets are going to come out and try to punch them in the mouth at the beginning of Game 6. "We're gonna have to find a way". "We can all pretend and just say he's doubtful".
The Rockets out-rebounded the Warriors 55-35 in their Game 3 win, and then 50-43 on Monday (Tuesday, PHL time) in Game 4 - getting 20 from Clint Capela in the two victories.
"Hopefully, we get Kevin back at some point".
- Google Launches $399 Pixel Smartphone with Best in Class Camera
- Chinese envoy says trade talks with US have not broken down
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Introduce Newest Member of Royal Family
- Kerr hopeful Durant will be available in potential Western finals series
- Pennywise Is More Haunting Than Ever in ‘It: Chapter Two’ Trailer
- Kim Kardashian Helps Free Another Inmate Serving Life Sentence
- Raptors win at Philadelphia to even series — Sunday's National Basketball Association roundup
- Kim Kardashian welcomes her fourth child with Kanye West
- Chinese trade officials coming to US 'to make a deal'
- Fortnite Fortbyte guide - here's how you get them