"It is therefore fitting that we will return home to Manchester this evening, to celebrate our second successive Premier League title together, with our team and our fans". Liverpool take on Wolves at Anfield, dreaming of a second dramatic turnaround in a week after the memorable 4-0 win against Barcelona on Tuesday that propelled them into the Champions League final.
Centre-back Aymeric Laporte gave the guests the lead at the 38th minute after heading in a corner by Algerian playmaker Riyadh Mahrez.
"We got 97 points", Salah told Sky Sports after Liverpool defeated Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-0 on the final day of the season at Anfield. The Reds held a 10 point league atop the table just after Christmas, but City slowly closed the gap as Spurs eventually fell away.
"He respects Liverpool an very bad lot but the title is in City's hands".
Their teams have been so good they are both more than 20 points ahead of third-placed Chelsea.
"We know it, but we accept the challenge and I promise you we will come back and I have the feeling we will be stronger next season".
Spaniard Guardiola can now became the first manager to claim the English domestic treble if City beat Watford in next week's FA Cup final, having already scooped up the League Cup. However, there are question marks over the lavishly gifted attacker, who has lost his place as a first-choice starter during the run-in - Guardiola preferring Raheem Sterling and Bernardo Silva to provide the wide support to Sergio Aguero in his front three. Neither team dropped a single point over the last two months. We couldn't lose one point.
While the final day wasn't quite as dramatic as it could have been, it will do little to ease Liverpool fans' heartache. We didn't think we could close to the points total we managed last season.
"After the game we are going to sit with him and talk", confirmed Guardiola.
Pep Guardiola watched his side put four past the Seagulls after Glen Murray opened the scoring, dashing Liverpool's slim hopes of stealing the crown.
- Pennywise Is More Haunting Than Ever in ‘It: Chapter Two’ Trailer
- Manchester City retains Premier League title on final day of season
- Intel to ship 10nm mobile CPUs in June
- Barcelona transfer policy not Messi to blame for Champions League failure - Alves
- North Korea's missile tests not 'breach of trust'
- Kerr hopeful Durant will be available in potential Western finals series
- Kyrie Irving played Game 5 as if he had already left Celtics
- Here’s what Donald Trump said during the Red Sox’ White House visit
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Introduce Newest Member of Royal Family
- Paint it black: Android Auto gains dark mode and new UI