The club secured back-to-back title wins after holding off Liverpool on the final day of the season in the closest title race in years.
Man City have angrily responded to claims they are set to be axed by UEFA from the Champions League for a season.
While there has been interest in Liverpool and Manchester United target Matthijs de Ligt, Guardiola feels that it will be too hard to land the Ajax star - given that Barcelona are the frontrunners for the player.
Investigators from UEFA, which runs the European tournament, will reportedly recommend the team be barred from the competition after looking into allegations they broke fair-play regulations, according to the New York Times.
In a statement released by City, the club said that they are concerned their "good faith" in UEFA's investigation into their financial affairs could be "misplaced" following the claims.
Manchester City could face transfer ban, but can Manchester United still qualify for the Champions League?
UEFA governing body are now investigating Manchester City for providing files which appear to show City inflating sponsorship income.
The rule states that the top four sides, regardless of the Champions League and Europa League winners, will qualify for the Champions League, as cited in the UEFA website.
It remains to be seen quite how hard UEFA come down on City, but a potential suspension would likely open the door for another Premier League club.
City were fined £49 million in 2014 for breaching Financial Fair Play rules and forced to reduce their squad for the 2014-15 season. "The accusation of financial irregularities are entirely false, and comprehensive proof of this fact has been provided to the CFCB IC".
In response, City said information had been "hacked" and that they were victims of an "organised and clear" attempt to damage the club's reputation.
- Captain Joe Pavelski returns to Sharks for Game 7
- Central Coast Mariners waiting on Manchester United to decide Mike Phelan's future
- Kevin Durant has mild calf strain as Warriors, Knicks mostly exhale
- Meghan shares new photo of baby Archie to celebrate Mother's Day
- Here's a Cute Photo of Meghan Markle & Baby Archie on Mother's Day!
- Intel to ship 10nm mobile CPUs in June
- Rohani Calls For Unity As Iran Faces 'Unprecedented' Pressure From Sanctions
- Bettor Who Won $1.2 Million On Tiger’s Masters Win Places New Bet
- Leonard's bouncer beats buzzer, Raptors edge 76ers in Game 7
- Manchester City retains Premier League title on final day of season