In the first year of this new lottery setup, Cleveland has a 14 percent chance of landing the No. 1 pick, tied with Phoenix and NY for the best odds.
Depending on their placement, picks for the Grizzlies and Mavericks could transfer to the Celtics and Hawks, respectively. And, of course, teams jumping up in the lottery could swing Anthony Davis trade talks. They could still trade New Orleans the ninth overall pick this year, but it would not have the same value as a shiny, unknown future asset.
"Being at Duke was a dream come true for me", he said, "It was the best year of my life, unfortunately that's not the reality we live in". This was done to discourage teams from losing intentionally to help their lottery odds, though it's unclear whether it helped on that front.
Of the teams with close to a 10 percent chance of landing the No. 1 overall pick, the Wizards have the best potential teammate for Zion in Bradley Beal.
Boston has no chance at the top overall pick.
The gap starts with the fourth-worst team, though the difference isn't huge.
But starting this year, the National Basketball Association changed the odds.
For some of the eligible teams, this might as well be the NBA Championship. There's only one pick already determined.
The Knicks are basically an empty slate from a roster perspective, though NY is being mentioned as a serious contender for Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving. In that case, the pick would go to the Philadelphia 76ers, and Boston would get Philly's pick at No. 24.
Aside from just seeing who the Mavs might take, why not take a look at who the teams after Dallas might be taking with their various picks throughout the draft.
Raul Fernandez, vice chairman of Monumental Sports & Entertainment, will represent the Wizards onstage for the lottery while interim President of Basketball Operations Tommy Sheppard will be in the back lottery room.
- Manchester City fans celebrate Premier League win
- Game of Thrones season 8 Daenerys Targaryen gets killed by Arya Stark?
- Here's a Cute Photo of Meghan Markle & Baby Archie on Mother's Day!
- UAE reports rare 'acts of sabotage' against 4 boats off its coast
- Emilia Clarke 'Game of Thrones' Starbucks React
- Captain Joe Pavelski returns to Sharks for Game 7
- Rohani Calls For Unity As Iran Faces 'Unprecedented' Pressure From Sanctions
- Investigators Seek Man City's Ban From Champions League
- Sam Pitroda's remark completely out of line, he must apologise: Rahul Gandhi
- Kevin Durant Suffered "Mild" Calf Strain, Could Return For West Finals