In light of the controversial circumstances, members of the public have been calling for the show to be cancelled over concerns for how participants are treated and a lack of aftercare for them following their appearances on the programme.
"Everyone at ITV's thoughts and sympathies are with the family and friends of Steven Dymond", she added.
ITV, Britain's biggest free-to-air commercial broadcaster, had said it has extensive support system for participants before, during and after the show, and said the programme had helped many people to resolve complex personal problems.
ITV said it "did not recognise" the claims but it was just the start of a torrent of allegations against the "bear pit-style" show, whose producers allegedly provoked confrontations among vulnerable guests to whip up a baying audience and boost ratings.
In a statement, Ofcom said: "While ITV has made a decision to cancel the programme, its investigation into what happened is continuing and we will review the findings carefully".
ITV say they will continue to work with Kyle.
Lawmaker Damian Collins, chairman of the House of Commons Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee, said his panel would consider whether there was adequate regulation of reality TV. "Instead of going for the typical drama-filled family issues, cheating partners etc there is 100% room for shows to help people with real problems or family drama". "We will not broadcast the episode featuring this guest at any point", she said. And former X Factor contestant Lucy Spraggan alleged that ITV did not take enough care of its reality show stars.
It looks like the show she had filmed will now never be aired.
Before the programme was axed, Dame Carolyn had told ITV staff in an email that halting filming and broadcasting of the show was "the best way we think we can protect the show and the production team" from the reaction to Mr Dymond's death.
A semi-professional footballer, Thalassitis appeared on the programme in 2017 and had recorded episodes for MTV show Ex On The Beach, which was later cancelled.
They've since reconciled but are living apart.
- Game of Thrones season 8 Daenerys Targaryen gets killed by Arya Stark?
- Manchester City fans celebrate Premier League win
- Captain Joe Pavelski returns to Sharks for Game 7
- US Warns Companies Doing Business with Venezuela and Cuba
- Sam Pitroda's remark completely out of line, he must apologise: Rahul Gandhi
- Bettor Who Won $1.2 Million On Tiger’s Masters Win Places New Bet
- Pompeo to stop over in Brussels: EU's top diplomat
- At least six killed in Alaska mid-air floatplane crash
- NBA Draft: Atlanta Hawks Win Lottery, Land Zion in Recent Mock
- Investigators Seek Man City's Ban From Champions League