When leaving, users will need to say "Alexa, I'm leaving" to set Alexa Guard to Away mode. Sounds like glass breaking (brought about by a thief or an ill humored feline) or a smoke caution going off will trigger Alexa to convey Smart Alerts comprising of sound clasps. "Just set Guard to Away mode and Alexa will do the rest". It's a strong value-add feature for Echo users, and it doesn't cost anything extra. It's in the process of rolling out to existing and new Echo owners in the US. And once it detects something "unusual" it will send you a notification on your Alexa app and you can play it back and determine if it's a cause for, well, alarm. You will also be given the option to Drop In on your Echo device.
Alexa Guard is a new feature in the Alexa app that allows you to check for suspicious activities even without connected security hardware.
"When you receive a Smart Alert from Alexa, it is up to you to decide what action, if any, to take", according to Amazon.
It's Google's turn now to work hard to make Apple Music available on their devices such as the Google Home Hub (which I'm reviewing at the moment also).
When enabled, Guard initiates what Amazon calls Smart Alerts. However, the Alexa Guard mode is still pretty limited as it can not inform authorities if you have intruders that's why it's intended more as a complement or as a basic security tool. If your house is already arranged with a sensible residence safety system (say, Ring), Alexa Guard could appear trivial.
More details about Alexa Guard is available at Amazon's FAQ.
Guard isn't really a replacement for buying a home security system. It's also important to note that Guard can not contact emergency services, such as the police or fire department, and the service as a whole goes down if there is an internet or power outage-it's a cloud based service.
- At least six killed in Alaska mid-air floatplane crash
- Rask, Bruins close out Jackets in Game 6
- ‘Heartbeat’ abortion ban expected to pass with limited debate in Missouri Senate
- What Is the Meaning of Varys' Rings on Game of Thrones?
- Oil prices fall as United States inventories rise, but Middle East tensions support
- Pompeo demands Russian Federation not interfere in U.S. 2020 election
- Beilein expected to talk to Bickerstaff about coaching role with Cavs
- Manchester City Facing a Costly UEFA Champions League Ban
- Jets Head Coach Adam Gase Didn’t Want To Sign Le’Veon Bell
- Kate reveals Prince Louis is 'keeping her and William on their toes'