A few showers and storms will develop late afternoon and evening.
Gusty winds and hail would be the main threats with this activity.
Spring weather vanished in the central USA on Saturday as heavy storms, terrifying tornadoes, and oversized hail filled the skies, per NBC News.
We need to watch the skies very closely later today as the Storm Prediction Center has placed SE Lower Michigan in a Marginal to Slight Risk for Severe Weather later today. For perspective, that's the same threat level we were under for Thursday and Thursday night.
Some of the main severe weather threats I'm expecting Saturday are wind gusts in excess of 60 miles per hour and some rather large hail. A tornado can not be completely ruled out courtesy of the ingredients that will be in place. "Although we may not see a lot of rain, it will be enough to cause places that have already seen flooding to flood once more".
The more sun that shines during the first half of the day will dictate how much destabilization occurs. By the time we hit the middle part of next week, we could see 1.50"-2.50" of additional rainfall.
As of right now the greatest risk for severe weather looks to be between 1PM to 10PM on Sunday.
"Tornado Alley is certainly waking up with significant severe weather", Timmer said while breaking down the multi-day outbreak. Some clearing is possible by Sunday afternoon.
Storms Friday afternoon and evening aren't expected to be as strong or severe as those Thursday afternoon, when a funnel cloud descended briefly on Sandwich. Large hail can also occur in these storms.
- Ashley Massaro Passes Away at 39
- Aiming to isolate Iran, the U.S. looks increasingly isolated itself
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Trump Immigration Plan Favors Job Skills Over Asylum Claims and Family Ties
- Rihanna calls out white Alabama lawmakers who banned abortion
- His Dark Materials season 1 teaser trailer released
- USA pulls embassy staff from Iraq amid concerns over 'confrontation' with Iran
- Pompeo demands Russian Federation not interfere in U.S. 2020 election
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Top smartphones for gaming