A few showers and storms will develop late afternoon and evening.
Gusty winds and hail would be the main threats with this activity.
Spring weather vanished in the central USA on Saturday as heavy storms, terrifying tornadoes, and oversized hail filled the skies, per NBC News.
We need to watch the skies very closely later today as the Storm Prediction Center has placed SE Lower Michigan in a Marginal to Slight Risk for Severe Weather later today. For perspective, that's the same threat level we were under for Thursday and Thursday night.
Some of the main severe weather threats I'm expecting Saturday are wind gusts in excess of 60 miles per hour and some rather large hail. A tornado can not be completely ruled out courtesy of the ingredients that will be in place. "Although we may not see a lot of rain, it will be enough to cause places that have already seen flooding to flood once more".
The more sun that shines during the first half of the day will dictate how much destabilization occurs. By the time we hit the middle part of next week, we could see 1.50"-2.50" of additional rainfall.
As of right now the greatest risk for severe weather looks to be between 1PM to 10PM on Sunday.
"Tornado Alley is certainly waking up with significant severe weather", Timmer said while breaking down the multi-day outbreak. Some clearing is possible by Sunday afternoon.
Storms Friday afternoon and evening aren't expected to be as strong or severe as those Thursday afternoon, when a funnel cloud descended briefly on Sandwich. Large hail can also occur in these storms.
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Ashley Massaro Passes Away at 39
- USA pulls embassy staff from Iraq amid concerns over 'confrontation' with Iran
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Wilder death threats overshadow title defense against Breazeale
- WikiLeaks source Chelsea Manning is going back to prison - here's why
- Falsehoods on social media surrounding Alabama abortion ban
- Jets Head Coach Adam Gase Didn’t Want To Sign Le’Veon Bell
- Venezuela Govt Talking With Opposition in Norway
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury