The first season of His Dark Materials follows Lyra (Keen), a seemingly ordinary but fearless young woman from another world.
In the book, as Lyra searches for her kidnapped pal, she uncovers a plot which involves various sinister issues, including stolen children and their daemon souls.
Dafne Keen (Logan) stars in the lead role of Lyra alongside James McEvoy (X-Men: Apocalypse, Split) in the series which follows the coming of age of two children, Lyra Belacqua and Will Parry, as they wander through a series of parallel universes. The network may already have a remedy lined up though, because their first His Dark Materials trailer looks pretty intriguing.
Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda portrays adventurer Lee Scoresby. In 2007, New Line Cinema tried to capitalize on the box office success of The Lord of the Rings and the Harry Potter series with a feature-length adaptation of The Golden Compass. Accompanied by her newfound friend Will, the two journey through multiple worlds encountering miraculous beings and uncovering evil secrets. Last fall, the BBC announced that it had renewed the series for a second season and that it was bringing on HBO as a co-producer.
HBO is airing the series, based on Philip Pullman's fantasy epic, in partnership with BBC. Together, they encounter extraordinary beings like badass polar bears and risky secrets, with the fate of both the living - and the dead - in their hands. The giant armored polar bear is shown in its full, roaring glory towards the end of the teaser.
The trilogy also included The Subtle Knife (1997) and The Amber Spyglass (2000).
- Minecraft Earth, Microsoft's take on Pokemon Go, looks... actually fantastic
- Kate reveals Prince Louis is 'keeping her and William on their toes'
- Jets Head Coach Adam Gase Didn’t Want To Sign Le’Veon Bell
- Wilder death threats overshadow title defense against Breazeale
- USA pulls embassy staff from Iraq amid concerns over 'confrontation' with Iran
- See Miley Cyrus in the startling new Black Mirror trailer
- Ashley Massaro Passes Away at 39
- What Is the Meaning of Varys' Rings on Game of Thrones?
- Trump Immigration Plan Favors Job Skills Over Asylum Claims and Family Ties
- 'We Are Right Where We Want to Be With China'