In addition to bringing back the original stars, Terminator: Dark Fate introduces Mackenzie Davis as a new part-human Terminator, sent back in time to protect a woman (Natalia Reyes) who is being targeted by evil artificial-intelligence network Skynet. Next, it was 2015's Terminator: Genisys which also tried to launch a new trilogy, this time doubling down on the time-travelling wackiness (and painful spelling) to rewrite the entire story.
That means it's the first Terminator sequel since T2 to feature Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor. Not even Arnie returning to his most famous role (and admittedly turning in a very entertaining performance) could rescue it from all the bad ideas and silly plot twists that got spoiled in trailers though. Hunting them throughout the film will be the Rev 9, a new type of Terminator played by Gabriel Luna (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.).
The Terminator series has experienced meteoric highs and lows during its tenure, but it's safe to say that the latest effort Terminator: Dark Fate could be one of the most significant entries in the series.
Not quite as fun as the sight of Linda Hamilton wielding a bazooka, but then what is? You can check out the cast and crew's appearance in the new video below, followed by the new images and an interesting tidbit about the new Terminator. Let us know in the comments down below! Their fist step was hiring Deadpool director and Terminator superfan Tim Miller to direct the film.
Terminator: Dark Fate is due for release on 23 October in the United Kingdom, 31 October in Australia, and 1 November in the US.
- Will Smith is all praises for Badshah's track in Aladdin
- Mitt Romney: Impeachment of Trump Is Not The Way To Go
- Canada to move quickly to ratify new N. America pact: Minister
- Google Halts Plan to Sever Ties With Huawei
- Arsenal confirm Mkhitaryan won't go to Baku for Europa League final
- Man charged after Nigel Farage milkshake incident
- Trump Threatens Iran in Tweet as Tension Between Two Countries Escalate
- House panel issues subpoenas for Hope Hicks, Annie Donaldson
- Existing Huawei devices safe from Google app restrictions-Android
- Sophie Turner: 'Thrones' Fan Petitions Are 'Disrespectful'