Played by Maisie Williams, Arya was last seen setting off to the great unknown, as she sailed to discover what's "west of Westeros" in her final scene.
"Shows have to come to an end", he said.
HBO's president of programming said the writers of "Game of Thrones" had the ending of the series "in their heads for a long time" in a wide-ranging interview published after the finale on Sunday.
"Nope, nope, nope. No".
One exclaimed: "I need an Arya spin-off ASAP, excuse me".
George RR Martin, the author of A Song of Ice and Fire, has given his opinion of the final episode of the story he wrote. That's why we're trying to do things that feel distinct - and to not try and redo the same show.
While it was definitely a little disappointing that Arya didn't exact revenge on behalf of the Starks and kill Cersei, in choosing to live she ensured the pack survived-giving us one final bittersweet scene with the remaining Stark siblings in the finale.
"I doubt it, I don't think so". I had to like, stay out of that emotion because there was so much to do - like, some really hard scenes to do.
With Watchmen premiering this fall and Westworld returning for its third season in 2020, HBO is likely in no rush to usher in a new big-budgeted prestige drama, meaning they'll give the minds behind the Game of Thrones prequel all the time they need. "An online petition to HBO that they do a sequel with Arya Stark", he added.
"I just wanted to be on set with Lena again, she's good fun", Williams explained.
"I won't say when, I've tried that before, only to burn you all and jinx myself. but I will finish it, and then will come A DREAM OF SPRING", he said. Bloys says there won't be sequels, however, because he wants the Game of Thrones created by D.B. Weiss and David Benioff to stand on its own. And one of the many questions that viewers were left wondering after the dramatic season finale was where did Drogon take Daenerys?
GoT fans shouldn't fret too much though as a Thrones prequel series is being planned.
- Fernando Alonso fails to quality for Indy 500
- Royal fun in a garden mum made in Chelsea
- Threatening tornadoes strike western Texas and Oklahoma
- Google Halts Plan to Sever Ties With Huawei
- There won't be a war; we don't want it: Zarif
- Mitt Romney: Impeachment of Trump Is Not The Way To Go
- Draymond Green leads Golden State Warriors to win v Portland Trailblazers
- Man charged after Nigel Farage milkshake incident
- Best Google Pixel 3a and 3a XL Cases
- Sophie Turner: 'Thrones' Fan Petitions Are 'Disrespectful'