The veteran central defender was linked with a shock move to Manchester United, as well as the Kop outfit this week.
Tottenham have the chance to elevate themselves to a whole new level in Madrid on Saturday night, by claiming Europe's elite crown, and then the challenge will be to convert that success into domestic silverware, not least the Premier League.
The decision has nothing do with bad blood between Real and Liverpool which was caused by the injury sustained by Salah after Ramos' tackle. "You could see that the team just wasn't functioning, they were putting us under pressure and what had happened previous year (against Roma) was very present in our minds", Pique said in an interview with Spanish newspaper El Pais published on Friday.
In addition to Liverpool, the source also pinpoints Manchester United as a potential seeker, perhaps playing on the fact that the Red Devils were eager to sign him in 2015. "We wouldn't even sign him if he was available on a free". Since joining from Sevilla in 2005 as a 19-year-old, Ramos has made over 600 career appearances for Los Blancos.
The third scenario is that after four Champions Leagues and a 14-year spell at the club, there really could be a parting of the ways this summer.
Harry Kane strikes me as the type who may need to be protected from himself when it comes to deciding whether he is fit for the Champions League final.
"What I learn is that football is in the context of the emotional state you arrive in for the final. I was like: "Let's go, let's do this". When I arrive home, my wife says: "'What happened?' I say: "'I was listening to some music that translated to a moment 30 years ago in Argentina!' And she will say: "'You are insane'".
"Listen, I think this makes a whole lot of sense for Spurs if you can get the job done".
- Celebrity Chef Jamie Oliver's restaurant empire on verge of collapse
- United Kingdom largest mobile operator to launch 5G without Huawei amid USA pressure
- May to step down as party leader on June 7
- UK's May Says She'll Quit as Conservative Leader June 7
- US aviation regulator says Boeing hasn't submitted 737 MAX fix
- AT&T is First Carrier to Accept Cryptocurrency Payments
- WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange facing more charges from US prosecutors
- Alabama's Courageous Fight Against Abortion
- Man enters burning building, saves over 10 students — Surat fire
- Iran will see 'end of Trump': Foreign minister