The Sonic the Hedgehog movie has officially been pushed back to February 2020, on account of it looking like a giant steaming pile of crap.
On Friday, director Jeff Fowler announced that the move to make Sonic "just right" will take a little more time than expected. Following the release of the first trailer for the movie, there was quite a bit of joking around and complaining about the movie's visual effects, with the unsettling look of Sonic being particularly derided. However, a number of artists were concerned about the workload that the VFX team would face to redesign this character and make the November 2019 release.
How do you feel about the new Sonic the Hedgehog movie?
Sonic the Hedgehog isn't running so fast these days.
Interest in the film is high, to say the least, partly over the obvious fact that this is one of the most beloved, well-known video game characters to which an abundance of nostalgia is attached.
The pressure is still on though - the filmmakers can't afford to get it wrong a second time, so hopefully Sonic fans will be satisfied come February 14th 2020. The process isn't as simple as dragging and dropping a new Sonic into the old one's place, as the team behind the film also has to ensure things don't look out of whack when that occurs.
- Boeing officials discuss future of 737 MAX
- Jadeja shines as India lose to NZ in practice match
- Huawei P30 Pro and Mate X removed from Android official website
- Tomori: We'll make Chelsea proud in Championship play-off final
- Hamilton pips Bottas to Monaco pole position
- Sergio Ramos wants to leave Real Madrid
- WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange facing more charges from US prosecutors
- Tory leadership: Dominic Raab enters race
- Red dirt capital offers green experience at French Open
- Judge rejects Trump's request to halt congressional subpoenas for banking records