As of now, there is no indication of Pakistan prime minister Imran Khan being invited. "I have known him since many years and despite political differences, I have always found him to be affectionate and warm", the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief said in a tweet.
India has invited several heads of state, including those from the Bay of Bengal community (BIMSTEC) and the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), for Prime Minister Narendra Modi's swearing-in ceremony on May 30.
BIMSTEC and SCO countries received the most attention of Modi in the last term: The BIMSTEC countries, which include Bangladesh, Myanmar, Nepal, Bhutan, Thailand, received the most attention of Modi during his previous term. The cricketer-turned-politician had said if the next government in India were led by the Congress party, it might be "too scared" to seek a settlement with Pakistan over Kashmir, fearing a backlash.
Modi may also hold his first bilateral meeting with U.S. President Donald Trump in over two years on the sidelines of the G20 summit in June in Osaka, Japan, a source aware of the development said.
Modi, who was widely believed to have benefited politically from the stand-off, won a second term with an increased majority in a general election whose results were declared last week.
Former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, much to the Chagrin of Hindu-nationalist politicians and parties, had attended the ceremony.
Foreign Minister Qureshi expressed, "Identifying new ways of (resuming dialogue) is also important for them (India)". "Relations between the countries were based on reciprocity and PM Khan had congratulated Mr Modi as a goodwill gesture", the Pakistani foreign minister said.
During the conversation, the Ministry of External Affairs said, Modi told Khan that creating trust and an environment free of violence and terrorism was essential for fostering peace and prosperity in the region.
This sudden change of heart was well reflected in the opinion poll taken in the wake of India's failed strike on the Pakistani territory of Balakot on February 26.
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Paul Pogba Involved In Huge Swap For 2 Stars?
- Burnout is an official medical diagnosis, World Health Organization says
- Jadeja shines as India lose to NZ in practice match
- What Have the Candidates to Succeed UK PM May Said About Brexit?
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- American climber dies on descent from summit of Mount Everest
- Netanyahu hours away from deadline for forming coalition govt
- Chelsea prevail over Arsenal to take Europa League crown