Another tornado was confirmed by the National Weather Service in Berks County, Pennsylvania, "based on video received showing a tornado on the ground".
The flooding in Arkansas is part of the severe weather facing several states across the country. Widespread reports and images of golfball-sized hail surfaced shortly after that 3:45 p.m. tornado warning, but it wasn't immediately clear if a twister hit the area under the warning. "Crews are checking parking lots".
Forecasters predicted damage to roofs, windows, vehicles and trees.
"Even though it didn't go through any major city in our county, . there were suburban neighborhoods just outside of Lawrence that were hit", Newton said, adding that the damages to homes were "significant".
Homes near Lone Star Lake, Pleasant Grove and Berg Acres - which are all about two miles south of Lawrence - were all damaged.
Douglas County reports the tornado resulted in no fatalities, 17 injuries, three of which remain hospitalized.
The storms come after a line of apparent tornadoes tore across IN and OH overnight. Report any downed power lines and avoid standing in floodwater, as it can carry electrical current. More than 50,000 people without electricity. The school was closed on Wednesday.
In Ohio, tens of thousands of Ohio residents were without power or water Wednesday in the aftermath of at least eight tornadoes that spun across the state Monday.
In the last 12 days, the USA has had 352 reported tornadoes in 22 states from California to New Jersey. "If you are in a home, go to the basement or seek shelter in a small interior room", Morrin said.
Torrential rain and gusty winds are still expected, though, Storm Team 4 says.
There have also been several severe thunderstorm warnings issued in parts of the Lehigh Valley and surrounding areas. He urged residents to prepare for record levels of water release from the dam.
River flooding will continue to be a concern well into the upcoming week.
Members of the Oklahoma National Guard are walking the levees to check the conditions, he said.
- Netanyahu hours away from deadline for forming coalition govt
- Burnout is an official medical diagnosis, World Health Organization says
- Asus launches laptops with second 'full-width' touchscreen for professionals
- Booker, Harris, Gillibrand call for impeachment after Mueller statement
- More Storms Will Follow This Morning’s Severe Weather Later Today
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Paul Pogba Involved In Huge Swap For 2 Stars?
- Ruiz Jr inspired by Mexican greats ahead of Joshua bout
- Red dirt capital offers green experience at French Open
- Two More Deaths Add To Everest Toll