No more near-future, no more advanced warfare, it's boots on the ground in the modern realm. The trailer hints at its ties to the first game with a reimagined (but still handsomely hirsute) Captain Price narrating and featuring in the game's key art. This comes as no surprise after the Battle.net exclusivity of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
The Modern Warfare reboot will have a single-player campaign unlike 2018's Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. IGN also notes that series publisher Activision previously released a remastered version of "Call of Duty 4" titled "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered". Gamers have been asking the publisher to remove the season pass for quite some time, and it looks like it's finally happening in 2019.
"Players will join a varied cast of worldwide special forces and freedom fighters in gripping and heart-pounding missions through iconic European cities and volatile expanses of the Middle East", said co-studio head Dave Stohl. "First, we plan for Modern Warfare to be played together across PC and console through cross-play support". Call of Duty: "Modern Warfare engulfs fans in an incredibly raw, gritty, provocative narrative that brings unrivaled intensity and shines a light on the changing nature of modern war", says Activision.
Not only will Call of Duty: Modern Warfare players get free maps post-launch, but there is other free post-launch content for them to look forward to as well.
That same Reddit leak also seems to spoil an October release date for the game, but it's hard to see the exact date due to the quality of the video. In an attempt to minimize any disconnect between the game's players and its protagonists, the development team is focusing the story down from a broader military perspective to a more character-driven view.
- Jadeja shines as India lose to NZ in practice match
- Tornado touches down in Pennsylvania, severe thunderstorm warning remains in NY
- Red dirt capital offers green experience at French Open
- Pokemon Sleep Is A New App That Helps You Sleep Better
- Serena Williams survives Vitalia Diatchenko in first round
- France says Fiat-Renault merger must protect French jobs
- Losing ODI Series to India at Home Was Turning Point: Khawaja
- Two More Deaths Add To Everest Toll
- Burnout is an official medical diagnosis, World Health Organization says
- Chelsea prevail over Arsenal to take Europa League crown