Modi and his new council of ministers will take oath in a glittering ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhavan forecourt that will see not just Opposition and world leaders, but also corporate honchos, film and sports stars among the 8000 attendees.
After Modi, Shah was the man who built the party's campaign systematically around the nationalism plank and the Prime Minister's popularity. The families of BJP worker who allegedly lost their lives in political violence in West Bengal in the past year have also been invited for the event.
While the guests attending the event will be treated to high tea, President Ram Nath Kovind will host a private dinner for the leaders from Bimstec countries as well as Kyrgyz President Sooronbay Jeenbekov and Mauritian Prime Minister Pravind Kumar Jugnauth - who have all confirmed their presence.
Presidents and prime ministers from neighboring Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, and the Maldives were present, but archrival Pakistan was not among those invited.
All prominent personalities have been invited for the swearing-in ceremony.The sources said that the invitations was sent to badminton player Saina Nehwal (R) and her coach Pulella Gopichand (L).
Conspicuous Absence: Mamata Banerjee is not attending the ceremony this time.
Jaitley wants to stay away from "any responsibility" in the Modi government's second term in office. He cited health reasons for his decision.
Mr Modi is set to be sworn in on Thursday after winning a second landslide election and should name his new Cabinet shortly after.
Several leading industrialists, including Reliance Industries CMD Mukesh Ambani, Vedanta Resources Limited Executive Chairman Anil Agarwal, Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons Ratan Tata, Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra, Paytm Founder and CEO Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Welspun Group Chairman and Assocham President B K Goenka, attended the swearing-in ceremony. While worldwide tycoons John Chambers and Bill Gates have also been extended invitation.
- India invites BIMSTEC leaders for Modi's swearing
- Chelsea prevail over Arsenal to take Europa League crown
- ‘Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’ Trailer and Details Revealed
- OnePlus 7 Pro gets new features via OxygenOS 9.5.4 update
- WHO Classifies Video Game Addiction As a Mental Disorder
- Seven dead after tourist boat capsizes in Hungarian capital Budapest
- Serena Williams survives Vitalia Diatchenko in first round
- Jadeja shines as India lose to NZ in practice match
- Young children among victims of mass stabbing in Japan
- Ruiz Jr inspired by Mexican greats ahead of Joshua bout