He had last played in La Liga in 2017 and played this season in Spain's second domestic tier with Extremadura UD.
His part in the Gunners' historic unbeaten Premier League triumph in 2004 will remain etched in the club's folklore, Arsene Wenger's men going through the season unbeaten.
"He represented the club on 110 occasions, scoring 23 times and made memorable contributions to our 49-game unbeaten run".
Jose Antonio Reyes died on Saturday morning in a auto accident between his hometown of Utrera and Seville, in the southern Spanish region of Andalusia. "To his family and friends, all support from everyone in the Arsenal family".
Pepe Reina has offered condolences to the family of his former Spain team-mate Jose Antonio Reyes, who died on Saturday.
UEFA and European football is deeply saddened to hear of the tragic death of footballer José Antonio Reyes in a auto accident at the age of 35.
"Rest in peace Jose Antonio Reyes, a huge hug to his family".
Reyes' former club Sevilla announced on Saturday the Spanish winger had died in a vehicle crash at 11.40am (local time), Spanish TV channel Deportes Cex reported.
With Sevilla he won it three more times as Unai Emery's side dominated the competition, winning it in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
"I'm devastated to hear the sad news about José Antonio Reyes". "Wonderful player, superb team mate and exceptional human being", Henry tweeted. I wish his family and friends continued strength and courage to get through this hard time.
- Donald Trump claims 'harassment' after Mueller statement
- Intel Unveils Its 10th-gen Processors at Computex 2019
- Jofra Archer in England's final 15-man squad
- There have been 500 reports of tornadoes in the past 30 days
- Pokemon Sleep Is A New App That Helps You Sleep Better
- Apple might be killing iTunes this year
- Galaxy Note 10 Won’t Have Physical Buttons
- Dhoni, Rahul hit centuries in Bangladesh warmup
- India's Modi to hold bilateral meetings with visiting leaders after swearing
- India invites BIMSTEC leaders for Modi's swearing