"We were a bit unlucky because we wanted to win the league - this was our target - but in football, we try and try again", he told Liverpool's official website.
The Guinean global was injured during the first leg of Liverpool's Champions League semi-final with Barcelona and it was understood the player could be sidelined for up to two months, meaning he would miss out on representing his country at the summer tournament in Egypt.
At the beginning of the season I was struggling with injuries and other lads did very well, so there was no reason to change.
"So, the boys, if they perform the way they did this season, next season, I'm sure we'll be stood here celebrating the Premier League title rather than being second." .
"You are waiting for this".
If the Lilywhites are able to win the UCL then Levy can use that as an excuse to jack up the transfer price of Christian Eriksen.
Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool made history in the semi-finals of their respective competitions, as four teams from the same nation reached the finals of both competitions for the first time.
Firmino is part of Klopp's 26-man squad for the visit to Marbella but with a European final to prepare for, this will be far from a summer holiday for the Liverpool lads. Matip was also a standout player in the 4-0 thrashing of Barcelona, the match which saw Liverpool cruise to the final.
This puts extra pressure on the Gunners, who missed out on fourth spot by a single point to their fellow North Londoners.
It was a great season and we can finish it.
"It would be a big, big thing [to win it]". We tested them, but we have to say congratulations and now we look forward to the final.
Football fans are getting ready for an all-English Champions League and Europa League final.
- Apple might be killing iTunes this year
- Shanahan calls out China over South China Sea
- Spanish footballer Jose Antonio Reyes dies in a vehicle crash
- Jessica Jones: First Teaser For The Third And Final Netflix Season
- Mueller to Make First Public Statement About Russia Probe
- Tensions High As Missouri Awaits Decision On Missouri's Sole Abortion Clinic
- Jeremy Corbyn: Referendum on Brexit deal ‘reasonable’ if backed by MPs
- Donald Trump claims 'harassment' after Mueller statement
- Robert Pattinson is officially the next Batman
- There have been 500 reports of tornadoes in the past 30 days