While acknowledging that the expensive gifts would've been a "great idea", Priyanka explained that she was only in London for work and slammed the source who allegedly gave false information to the outlet. But the beauty of Meg is that she's been herself though all of this.
The actress took to her Twitter page to share an article from a United Kingdom tabloid and wrote, "While these are great gift ideas. this story is untrue, and I was actually in town for work".
On Meghan, daughter of a black mother and white father, facing criticism from the media, the UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador said: 'I've seen that and it's really unfortunate.
Priyanka is 36-years-old and Nick is 10 years her junior. The couple has been nearly inseparable ever since they got married and are had a lovely time together as they went for their honeymoon, vacations and also attended various events and occasions together.
It was reported that the fallout was why Priyanka missed Meghan's highly publicised NY baby shower. Not only did the crooner come to her defense, but so did the rest of his family, including Chopra's sister-in-law, Sophie Turner. "As someone from south Asia, we're always put in the box of speaking with an amped accent, wearing the jewelry or being the exotic pretty girl".
Emily Andrews, the author behind the story defended her side of things, writing "I had three separate sources for this story".
The glamorous Baywatch star also took the opportunity to congratulate Meghan and Prince Harry when they announced the arrival of baby Archie earlier this month. 'I would love Nick to run for president. "And I think that's what we're like".
Priyanka and American musician Nick tied the knot in a lavish wedding at Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur in December previous year.
- Apple might be killing iTunes this year
- Selection dilemmas face Klopp and Pochettino for final
- Tensions High As Missouri Awaits Decision On Missouri's Sole Abortion Clinic
- England to face South Africa in opening match
- Toronto Raptors set another Canadian TV ratings record
- 'Makkah summits a clear message on Palestinian cause'
- Robert Pattinson is officially the next Batman
- Spanish footballer Jose Antonio Reyes dies in a vehicle crash
- USA measles outbreak worst in 25 years
- Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury react to shock Joshua defeat on Twitter