He also played for Arsenal, Atlético Madrid and Benfica, and won the Europa League five times with his Spanish clubs.
The former Spain global died in a auto accident at the age of 35, while his cousin Jonathan Reyes was also killed.
As a "gunner" (Arsenal player) he won a Premier league cup and a Community Shield in 2004, as well as an FA Cup, after goalkeeper Ricardo Lopez, he was the first Spanish national to have won the Premier League Cup in England.
"We couldn't be announcing any worse news".
The former Arsenal attacker was one of the finest addition to the famous invincible side of the champions of English football, and as soon as the tragic news broke in, Sevilla FC and Arsenal FC both heartbreakingly gave last condolences to the family of the Spanish attacker. Reyes has also enjoyed spells at Espanyol, Cordoba and Chinese club Xinjiang Tianshan Leopard. I want his family and friends persevered electricity and braveness to get through this tough time.
"He will remain forever in our hearts", said Arsène Wenger, who is Arsenal's former manager.
Reyes made his professional debut with Sevilla at the age of 16, moving to Arsenal in January 2004 for 17 million pounds.
Reyes would then make a return to his boyhood club Sevilla, winning three the Europa League trophy on three more occasions to make him the most successful player in its history.
Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos, who like Reyes came up through the youth ranks at Sevilla and was a team-mate of his with Spain and Real, tweeted: "Broken". I'll never forget your magic and your smile Jose, never. "I love you, Papa!"
The winger was due to play for his current club, Extremadura, tomorrow.
"We'll always remember you, friend RIP brother".
Former Arsenal striker, Kanu Nwankwo, has reacted to the death of ex-teammate, Jose Antonio Reyes. Rest in peace, Jose Antonio Reyes.
"Today we were thinking about enjoying a big day here in Madrid for English football, but this news changes my mind".
- Australia confident David Warner will be fit for opening match
- Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury react to shock Joshua defeat on Twitter
- Toronto Raptors set another Canadian TV ratings record
- Mexican President Predicts Good Results from US Talks on Tariffs
- Lamar Odom threatened to kill Khloe Kardashian
- Donald Trump has denied calling Meghan Markle 'nasty' despite audio recording
- LIFE WIN: Democrat Governor Of Louisiana Signs Major Abortion Ban
- Inter Turn to Conte to Restore Past Glories
- ‘Multiple injuries’ after shooting in Virginia Beach; suspect in custody
- Draymond Green: 'It Wasn't Really a Scuffle' With Drake