Waiting for him there will be longtime rival Roger Federer.
Roger Federer during his French Open quarter-final win.
I say unlikely with what I consider to be solid rationale. Nadal is undefeated (3-0) against Nishikori on clay courts and is trying to win his third consecutive title at the French Open.
Defending champion Rafael Nadal cruised into the French Open semi-finals to set up a last-four meeting with 20-time Grand Slam victor Roger Federer.
"My next opponent is not too bad".
After playing so confidently in her 6-4, 6-2 victory that ended Osaka's 16-match Grand Slam winning streak, Siniakova allowed Keys to dictate things to the tune of a 26-10 advantage in winners.
It will be episode 39 of their rivalry, and would offer the 37-year-old Federer the opportunity to cap a glittering career with perhaps his greatest achievement should he go on to lift the title having beaten the "King of Clay" en route. "I started playing much better from 5-3, playing more aggressive, using my forehand", Nishikori said.
This year, Nadal has dropped one set in five matches and is coming off a 6-1, 6-1, 6-3 win over Kei Nishikori, the No. 7 seed in the tournament.
Not many players would back themselves to pull off the shot of the match against walking highlight reel Gael Monfils, but fourth seed Thiem did with this superb through-the-legs victor.
On Tuesday, they were evacuated from court for a thunderstorm at 3-3 in the fourth set, but he still came back and managed to finish it off in a slightly slower environment.
He broke serve five times in the match and did not face a break point until stumbling slightly when serving for victory.
"I should have lost it in three or four sets but I should have won it in the fifth set", said the 30-year-old.
Konta is the first British woman in the French Open's final four since Jo Durie in 1983 - and, based on her previous track record, quite a surprise to make it this far in Paris.
Thiem advanced by eliminating the last Frenchman in the field, No. 14 Gael Monfils, 6-4, 6-4, 6-2.
In the semifinals, Konta will play either No. 31 Petra Martic of Croatia or 19-year-old Marketa Vondrousova.
"For me", Zverev said, "it was actually quite a nice thing that not all of the attention.is only going towards my way".
- Indigenous people face race-base genocide in Canada
- 'Makkah summits a clear message on Palestinian cause'
- Prince Harry Ghosts Donald Trump After He Called Meghan Markle 'Nasty'
- Tiger Woods finishes Thursday at Memorial five back with two-under 70
- Selection dilemmas face Klopp and Pochettino for final
- Former Arsenal and Real Madrid star dies in traffic accident
- Essex student mows stiff anti-Trump message into Stansted flightpath
- Apple’s iOS for iPad might be rebranded iPadOS today
- Trump wants Brexit to succeed, praises outgoing PM May
- Oppo and Xiaomi showcase prototypes with under the display front camera