President Ram Nath Kovind and Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday extended their greetings and best wishes to Indian citizens and the Muslim community around the world on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
He prayed the Almighty God to bestow dignity, honor and grandeur to all Muslims across the world and wished them evermore success.
Fasting is forbidden on Eid which is a time for celebration and for giving thanks to God.
The holiday traditionally lasts one to three days and is eagerly anticipated after the month of fasting.
Eid was completely celebrated in Peshawar division, Mardan division, Bannu division and six of the seven merged tribal districts, while it was partially marked in Kohat and Dera Ismail Khan divisions.
Eid marks the dnd of the holy month of Ramadan. It is known for community dining, charity and families and friends spending time together.
Pakistan, which is mostly Sunni, traditionally celebrates a day after most of the Muslim world.
Before kick-starting the day, Muslims wake up to cleanse their bodies in a ritual called "ghusl" and after cleansing, Muslims wear brand new clothes and all the ladies apply henna on their hands.
Fairgrounds are a popular place to celebrate Eid and small children and adults alike enjoy the festival at small amusement parks.
"May this Eid usher in peace and happiness for everyone".
Muslim scholars say the essence of joy, sharing and gratitude that symbolises this Islamic festival is a continuum of the spiritually enriching message of Ramadan. "The Eid-el Fitr should also be used to strengthen existing relationships and establish new ones", Salihu stated.
Eid Al-Fitr was first celebrated at the White House in 1996.
In the lead up to Eid traffic jams are common across Muslim-majority countries as families hurry to get home for the celebrations.
- IPadOS won’t change your mind on the iPad
- Day 75th anniversary: Normandy memories and a changing symbol of America's role
- Trump blimp flies again as thousands protest United Kingdom visit
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Proteas remain winless after Bangladesh defeat
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Kevin Durant Ruled Out For Game 3 Of Finals
- Indigenous people face race-base genocide in Canada
- Prince Harry Ghosts Donald Trump After He Called Meghan Markle 'Nasty'
- Dark Phoenix Review: X-Men: The Last Stand Redux Slightly Improves