Rask had a lot to do with this one.
Although it makes sense for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch to prepare these ads ahead of time, having them accidentally leak is a potential disaster. The ones he spoke with Boston's season on the line struck a chord that helped set the stage for Game 7 back in the friendly confines of TD Garden. Shortly after, with Boston on the man-advantage, he forced Ryan O'Reilly into missing wide on a short-handed breakaway.
Full in-game production including opening videos, goal celebrations, etc.
Head coach Bruce Cassidy said Karson Kulman will suit up in Grzelcyk's place.
The 32-year old gave up one goal with a little less than eight minutes remaining in the third period against the Blues.
Just like that all of the early momentum the Blues had built for themselves with a fast start was completely gone because the power play could not score, they could not stay out of the penalty box, and they could not keep the Bruins off the scoreboard when they did take a penalty. On the verge of elimination Sunday, Rask showed out again, and was almost impossible to crack in a 5-1 win over the St. Louis Blues.
Rask has been even better in series clinchers. He needed to be the Bruins' best player.
Boston used a couple of surprising goals from bit players to pull away. Then Kuhlman, a rookie who was in the lineup in place of former Blues captain David Backes, made it 3-0 with a well-placed wrist shot at 10:15. A video review confirmed the puck had crossed the line.
But Pastrnak quashed any thoughts of a dramatic rally at 14:06 with his ninth playoff goal, and Zdeno Chara tacked on an empty-netter at 17:41. And it's the Blues who might now be wondering whether they blew an opportunity that might not come around again, especially if Rask has another one of these games in him.
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk officially break up
- Asian shares jump on US Fed's rate cut bandwagon
- Cambridge friends camping at Jurassic Park ahead of Game 5
- 'Straight Pride' Parade Idea Not Going Over Well
- Ethiopia PM in Sudan to broker talks between generals, protesters
- To Try Google Stadia at Launch, You'll Need to Fork Over $129
- French Open 2019: Highlights - Ash Barty ends Amanda Anisimova run - Roland-Garros
- Third US tourist died at same hotel in Dominican Republic
- It's National Donut Day, And Here Are The Best Deals
- US and Mexico Making Headway on Deal to Prevent New Tariffs