The show also saw the appearance of actor Keanu Reeves, who showed up unexpectedly both onstage and at the end of a new trailer for the hotly anticipated Cyberpunk 2077, to announce the game's release date.
At the heart of the upcoming console is AMD's next-generation Zen 2 and Navi architectures. It also uses GDDR6 memory and an SSD that doubles as virtual RAM. According to Microsoft, "hundreds" of people are working on the new Xbox right now, and it'll support the games and accessories you may already own.
The company said it will have ray tracing and frame rates up to 120 fps.
Sony and Google have spared few details about their next-gen video game systems, but Microsoft has been quieter about how it plans to deliver games. As it stands, only one game has been announced for the launch - Halo Infinite. At the Project Scarlett reveal, Phil Spencer said: For us, the console is vital and central to our experience. You can choose between three different resistance settings, including options to match the same thumbstick resistance as Xbox 360 or standard Xbox One controllers.
According to the Entertainment Software Association, which runs E3, more than 164 million adults in the United States play video games, and three out of four U.S. households have at least one video game player.
Now, Microsoft unveiled the next Xbox console, codenamed Project Scarlett and it's a beast! It will also support 8K, although we have to imagine that will be more for future proofing against next-gen movie watching than gaming.
A new "Ultimate" game pass lets players combine access to console and personal computer titles for $14.99 monthly.
If you're anxious about any prepaid months of Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass, then don't be, because any prepaid time will be applied towards the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate plan, up to a maximum of 36 months.
So, at the very least, you could say you won't notice a massive difference in terms of how the game will look on your 4K TV screen as soon as they release.
Unlike the Xbox One, which aimed to be the center of your multimedia needs, Scarlett has one singular focus: games.
A new installment of Microsoft's flagship Halo series, Halo Infinite, will release alongside the new Project Scarlett console.
- Bruins Defenseman Matt Grzelcyk Ruled Out For Stanley Cup Final Game 6
- French Open 2019: Johanna Konta has 'no regrets' after semi-final defeat
- Portugal beat Netherlands to win inaugural Nations League
- USA employers add just 75000 jobs as unemployment stays 3
- Mexico agrees to accept more US asylum seekers
- Helicopter Crashes into Manhattan Building
- NASA Hopes Commercialization Helps Fund Its Trip Back to the Moon
- YouTube updates hate speech policy; bans supremacist and hoax videos
- Cambridge friends camping at Jurassic Park ahead of Game 5
- Meghan Markle Expected At Trooping The Colour Without Baby Archie Harrison