The yellow alert is in place for Monday, Tuesday for East Anglia, although yellow warnings are also in place on Thursday for the north east of England.
Thursday will start cloudy with patchy rain and a few sunny spells developing in the afternoon but with the risk of heavy showers also. The average rainfall for the whole of June in eastern England is just over two inches. Scotland and Northern Ireland staying bright or sunny, but with a scattering of showers spreading down on a cool northerly breeze.
The Met Office warns transport could be disrupted in part of Devon as torrential rain hits the county, with up to 60mm of rain forceast for one day.
A London tube station, bridge and major road have flooded as heavy rain caused travel disruption amid weather warnings for parts of England and Wales. Maximum temperatures will range from 14° to 17° with moderate northerly breezes.
Wet and windy during the evening and continuing overnight, with persistent rain, heavy at times, and onshore winds increasing further, likely reaching gale force on the coast by dawn.
Although no warning is in place for Tuesday more rainfall is expected throughout the day. Minimum temperature 7 °C.
Heavy rain is expected to continue in Newmarket for the rest of the day.
"Staying unsettled thereafter with further showers or longer spells of rain, and only limited brightness".
She explained that although the heaviest rain is expected to be in the southeast of the country, many parts of the United Kingdom will experience the wet and windy weather as the week continues.
- YouTube updates hate speech policy; bans supremacist and hoax videos
- Economic benefits of Iran not realized: German FM
- Portugal beat Netherlands to win inaugural Nations League
- Bruins Defenseman Matt Grzelcyk Ruled Out For Stanley Cup Final Game 6
- Xbox Details Specs for Next Gen 'Scarlett' Console
- Police raids sought to intimidate media: ABC Chair
- Helicopter Crashes into Manhattan Building
- To Try Google Stadia at Launch, You'll Need to Fork Over $129
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- ‘Dark Phoenix’ Just Had the Worst Opening in ‘X-Men’ History