While this was exciting all by itself, there's so much more to learn about this incredible new game - and Ryan "Agent M" Penagos spoke to Marvel Games' Bill Rosemann and Eric Monacelli to find out everything he could.
Square Enix has revealed the game will be ready for everyone on May 15, 2020. The publisher capped off its hour-long presentation with the first trailer for Marvel's Avengers, developed by Crystal Dynamics in collaboration with Eidos-Montréal, Nixxes Software, and Crystal Northwest.
Marvel's Avengers is an action-adventure game for up to four players. But when the celebration goes horribly wrong, the Avengers are blamed for the catastrophic accident and disband.
The game picks up again five years later, as the team has to come back together to fight against a new evil.
Of course, the title will also have co-op missions, but you'll be able to play these solo if you prefer.
The characters are voiced by new actors, Jeff Schine (Cap), Nolan North (Iron Man), Troy Baker (Hulk), Travis Willingham (Thor), and Laura Bailey (Black Widow), who appear to do a good job.
As well as an original story, the game will feature multiplayer components where players can customise heroes from the Marvel Comics roster and team up to protect the earth from new threats. We hadn't seen much more from the game other than a teaser trailer, so a Marvel's Avengers release date and a gameplay trailer was a pleasant surprise. At the end of this trailer, Hank Pym is shown with Tony Stark, alluding to Ant-Man's inclusion in the game.
Square Enix reiterated that the Avengers wouldn't free loot boxes or pay-to-win microtransactions. PS4 players will get early beta access on pre-ordering and some additional perks will be announced later.
- Xbox E3 2019’s Highlights and Lowlights | Microsoft’s best and worst moments
- ‘Dark Phoenix’ Just Had the Worst Opening in ‘X-Men’ History
- Trump raises tariff threat anew over secret provision in Mexico deal
- ‘Frozen 2’ trailer raises questions about Elsa’s powers
- Federation Internationale de Football Association 20: First Teaser Trailer Of Human Version Revealed
- NBA Finals 2019: Players react to Kevin Durant's Game 5 injury
- House votes on enforcing subpoenas for Trump administration officials
- Vettel and Ferrari give Mercedes food for thought in Canada
- Former baseball star David Ortiz shot in Dominican Republic
- The Marvel’s Avengers Game Trailer is Here!