Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary for much of President Donald Trump's administration, is leaving. She joined the Trump campaign not long after her father's second presidential bid - which she managed - fizzled out in the 2016 Iowa caucuses.
"She's going to be going to back to Arkansas", the president said on Thursday during a news conference, among other remarks - calling her a "special person, a very, very fine woman ..."
Her credibility has also come under question.
Trump did say he wanted to see her run for the governor of Arkansas.
"I want to ask you about Sarah Huckabee's legacy", said Wallace, using Sanders" maiden name as many Democrats often do.
There is no word on who will succeed Sanders as press secretary.
"Ms. Conway's advocacy against the Democratic candidates and open endorsement of the president's reelection effort during both official media appearances and on her Twitter account constitute prohibited political activity under the Hatch Act", the report stated.
The move comes 94 days since the last White House press briefing.
Instead, Sanders would occasionally book appearances on Fox News and hold brief question-and-answer sessions with reporters on the driveway of the White House. "The president is surrounded by some of the most incredible and most talented people you could ever imagine".
Mrs Sanders succeeded Sean Spicer in the high-profile role in July 2017.
Mrs Sanders is the daughter of Mike Huckabee, who served as the governor of Arkansas from 1996 to 2007.
'I told her not to bother, the word gets out anyway, ' Trump wrote.
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Young Blues Fan Laila Anderson, Battling Rare Disease, Celebrates With Stanley Cup
- Google Just Shared an Image of the Unannounced Pixel 4
- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Releases This Winter
- House votes on enforcing subpoenas for Trump administration officials
- Trump threatens more tariffs on Mexico over part of immigration deal
- Huawei approaches developers to publish on its app store
- Sarfaraz warns Pakistan must improve ahead of India clash
- Watch Dogs Legion Release Date Announced
- USA tries to broker Sudan peace deal after violent crackdown on protests