"It was a chase that we should have won", he added of the Australia match, when they came up short in pursuit of 289. The first of their remaining five games is on Saturday evening NZT against Afghanistan in Cardiff.
South Africa Play Eleven: Quinton de Kock (wk), Hashim Amla, Faf du Plessis (c), Aiden Markram, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Andile Phehlukwayo, Chris Morris, Kagiso Rabada, Beuran Hendricks, and Imran Tahir.
Meanwhile, South Africa batting coach Dale Benkenstein has warned his struggling side to adapt to the unique demands of the World Cup or face an embarrassing exit.
In his column for the Times of India, former South African captain Graeme Smith wrote, "It's safe to say that South Africa would have had something different in mind when imagining how their World Cup would take shape".
Later on, even though the rain did stop intermittently, the ground was too wet to allow the possibility of any further play happening.
"Lungi will be ready for the next match will be good to have him back", Faf du Plessis said in a post match interview after the match was abandoned. Once you do that and that part of the game has any resistance, then your game plan falls.
"It was just a conversation, a phone call the night before the team got announced".
The match is being played at Southampton.
However further in 2003, it was the last period gone Windies team gone augmented for South Africa. "One thing is for sure, it's good for global cricket to have the West Indies playing the brand of cricket they are. I guess we were hoping we would get a full day today, but nothing we can do about this so we have to move on and play well in the future matches".
For the West Indies and Pakistan, too, losing one point to South Africa and Sri Lanka, respectively, will be a disappointing news. We need to start playing better cricket, more consistent, more solid cricket.
"I really feel we are one game away from getting all those things right. But it is stuff like that, generally, that can give you direction in your team and give you goal to focus on what lies ahead", he said. It's England. So there is nothing we can do about it.
Some South African supporters who travelled to the Hampshire Bowl feel the Proteas got a bit lucky against the West Indies yesterday.
"Spells of heavy and persistent rain have the potential to bring flooding and disruption to transport in places", the weather forecasting body explains.
- Yellow weather warning issued for Norfolk in June | Weather
- Sarah Sanders to leave as White House press secretary
- Federation Internationale de Football Association 20: First Teaser Trailer Of Human Version Revealed
- USA tries to broker Sudan peace deal after violent crackdown on protests
- Young Blues Fan Laila Anderson, Battling Rare Disease, Celebrates With Stanley Cup
- Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan's wedding pictures leaked
- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Releases This Winter
- E3 2019: Cyberpunk 2077 to star Keanu Reeves, releases April 2020
- United Technologies Announces Merger With Raytheon, Headquarters Will Leave Connecticut
- Mexico denies Trump's claim of secret concessions in migrant deal