The win also marks the first time Canada wins a major title since the Toronto Blue Jays won the 1993 World Series.
"This is why I play basketball; this is what I work hard for", added Leonard.
While some fans are eager to see the Raptors finish off the Warriors in Game 6, there may be some businesses who wouldn't mind a Game 7 either.
Despite playing against a more playoff-seasoned opponent, the Raptors proved unflappable throughout the series and whenever the Warriors looked set to seize momentum Toronto would use some smart passes and precise shooting to maintain control.
"Last summer, man, I was going through a lot", Leonard said on the live TV broadcast. "Two months of playoff basketball, they never seemed exhausted to me".
Then Klay Thompson, towards the end of the third quarter, went up for a transition dunk and was fouled by Danny Green. "He's a tough guy and came back and made the free throws".
After the Raptors' 114-110 championship-sealing victory, Warriors coach Steve Kerr revealed what Thompson told him there. Like just about every other sport, real fans that used to enjoy every game were priced out by those who can afford to go to games, who are there nearly exclusively for their Instagram moment.
"Just spoke with Klay Thompson's father, Mychal, who said there's "no question" Klay will re-sign with the Warriors".
Thompson is just one of a number of impending free agents for the Warriors with Kevin Durant, DeMarcus Cousins and Kevon Looney also among those out of contract.
- Sarfaraz warns Pakistan must improve ahead of India clash
- Frank Lampard holds talks over Chelsea job, reports
- E3 2019: Cyberpunk 2077 to star Keanu Reeves, releases April 2020
- ‘Frozen 2’ trailer raises questions about Elsa’s powers
- House votes on enforcing subpoenas for Trump administration officials
- Apple can safe US-certain iPhones exterior of China if compulsory
- Sarah Sanders to leave as White House press secretary
- Flowing Rory McIlroy aiming to create history at US Open
- Losing to Bangladesh not a 'shock', says England's Plunkett
- United Technologies Announces Merger With Raytheon, Headquarters Will Leave Connecticut