The win also marks the first time Canada wins a major title since the Toronto Blue Jays won the 1993 World Series.
"This is why I play basketball; this is what I work hard for", added Leonard.
While some fans are eager to see the Raptors finish off the Warriors in Game 6, there may be some businesses who wouldn't mind a Game 7 either.
Despite playing against a more playoff-seasoned opponent, the Raptors proved unflappable throughout the series and whenever the Warriors looked set to seize momentum Toronto would use some smart passes and precise shooting to maintain control.
"Last summer, man, I was going through a lot", Leonard said on the live TV broadcast. "Two months of playoff basketball, they never seemed exhausted to me".
Then Klay Thompson, towards the end of the third quarter, went up for a transition dunk and was fouled by Danny Green. "He's a tough guy and came back and made the free throws".
After the Raptors' 114-110 championship-sealing victory, Warriors coach Steve Kerr revealed what Thompson told him there. Like just about every other sport, real fans that used to enjoy every game were priced out by those who can afford to go to games, who are there nearly exclusively for their Instagram moment.
"Just spoke with Klay Thompson's father, Mychal, who said there's "no question" Klay will re-sign with the Warriors".
Thompson is just one of a number of impending free agents for the Warriors with Kevin Durant, DeMarcus Cousins and Kevon Looney also among those out of contract.
- Ubisoft's all-you-can-play 'Uplay+' game subscription service launches in September
- Sarfaraz warns Pakistan must improve ahead of India clash
- Sarah Sanders to leave as White House press secretary
- The Marvel’s Avengers Game Trailer is Here!
- Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan's wedding pictures leaked
- House votes on enforcing subpoenas for Trump administration officials
- Flowing Rory McIlroy aiming to create history at US Open
- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Releases This Winter
- USA tries to broker Sudan peace deal after violent crackdown on protests
- Trump Shows Photographers 'Secret' Mexico Deal