Pointing to the badge on his shirt, the 28-year-old kissed it to leave the 50,000 strong crowd in no doubt about his allegiance.
"He's still got a few years left in him and it depends which club wants to take him".
More importantly, the alternative targets have all had impressive seasons for their clubs and would quality to Manchester United's overall squad.
This is because, as of writing, Hazard does not now have a number in Madrid.
Luka Jovic, Ferland Mendy, Rodrygo and Eder Militao have also been acquired, taking Madrid's total spending to over €300m (£267m).
"It's true that nearly all Ballon D'Or winners recently have been Real Madrid players", he replied.
"It is a different level".
"I'm here to help my team, my team-mates and maybe one day I'll win it but it's at the back of my mind".
"Everyone knows Zidane was my idol growing up", he said.
The Belgian becomes the 13-times champions' joint-record signing (€150m), and has set his sights on repaying that fee by toppling his team-mate Luka Modric as the world's best player.
It looks like the 4-3-3 formation that Zidane has favoured during his time in charge of Real Madrid is no longer a foregone conclusion. "I can't wait for the season to start". For now, I'm Eden Hazard. "He said no, so I'll have to find another number".
"There is always room to do better, both individually and collectively".
- Apple can safe US-certain iPhones exterior of China if compulsory
- Drake celebrates the Toronto Raptors historic NBA Finals win by spraying champagne
- Trump publicly opposes using Central Intelligence Agency informants against North Korea's Kim
- PM Modi returns to India after attending SCO summit
- Taylor Swift's New Single From New Album, 'Lover', Is Here: Listen Now
- Huawei approaches developers to publish on its app store
- Google Just Shared an Image of the Unannounced Pixel 4
- Washout could leave South Africa World Cup hopes down the drain
- Here’s what Terry Francona had to say about David Ortiz
- Cyclone Vayu: Flights to resume across 5 airports in Gujarat