Pointing to the badge on his shirt, the 28-year-old kissed it to leave the 50,000 strong crowd in no doubt about his allegiance.
"He's still got a few years left in him and it depends which club wants to take him".
More importantly, the alternative targets have all had impressive seasons for their clubs and would quality to Manchester United's overall squad.
This is because, as of writing, Hazard does not now have a number in Madrid.
Luka Jovic, Ferland Mendy, Rodrygo and Eder Militao have also been acquired, taking Madrid's total spending to over €300m (£267m).
"It's true that nearly all Ballon D'Or winners recently have been Real Madrid players", he replied.
"It is a different level".
"I'm here to help my team, my team-mates and maybe one day I'll win it but it's at the back of my mind".
"Everyone knows Zidane was my idol growing up", he said.
The Belgian becomes the 13-times champions' joint-record signing (€150m), and has set his sights on repaying that fee by toppling his team-mate Luka Modric as the world's best player.
It looks like the 4-3-3 formation that Zidane has favoured during his time in charge of Real Madrid is no longer a foregone conclusion. "I can't wait for the season to start". For now, I'm Eden Hazard. "He said no, so I'll have to find another number".
"There is always room to do better, both individually and collectively".
- Sarfaraz warns Pakistan must improve ahead of India clash
- Sarah Sanders to leave as White House press secretary
- Young Blues Fan Laila Anderson, Battling Rare Disease, Celebrates With Stanley Cup
- Drake celebrates the Toronto Raptors historic NBA Finals win by spraying champagne
- Frank Lampard holds talks over Chelsea job, reports
- Trump inadvertently reveals details of Mexico migrant deal
- India and Pakistan's one-sided World Cup history
- USA tries to broker Sudan peace deal after violent crackdown on protests
- Hong Kong media say controversial extradition bill may be suspended
- Apple can safe US-certain iPhones exterior of China if compulsory