The Democrat leading most polls for the party's nomination, former Vice President Joe Biden, fared slightly better, with 40% of voters saying they were enthusiastic or comfortable voting for him.
NBC's report also included new details of the poll, which apparently showed Trump trailing Biden by seven points in Iowa, eight in North Carolina, 17 in Virginia, one in OH, six in Georgia, 14 in Minnesota, and 15 in Maine. Under Buttigieg are Sen.
In addition, while Democrats best President Trump in hypothetical matchups and keep his support at 41 percent or lower, none of the challengers hits 50 percent. Harris - who has also since called for Trump's ouster - and Buttigieg each came out on top against the president, but only by a single percentage point.
Mr Sanders has acknowledged that "polls go up and polls go down" but insisted that the survey showed he was the strongest candidate to defeat President Trump. Kamala Harris (D-CA) in fifth and sixth place with eight percent and five percent, respectively.
"I think we can win in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and MI and some of the other battleground states", the self-styled democratic socialist told Fox News Sunday. The combined 62% compared with 37% who said they were enthusiastic or comfortable with a Trump vote. The 2016 presidential election, when Trump claimed victory despite the majority of polls showing it was far out of his reach, may have shaken people's faith in the accuracy of electoral polling, but Cambridge Analytica, working for the Trump campaign, actually managed to predict the final results just weeks before. But, he added, the number is not necessarily "a useful prediction for an election that's 16 months away". This weekend, the candidates looked past each other and went after President Trump.
- US Supreme Court upholds Virginia ban on uranium mining
- Pixel, iPhone to have camera ‘bulge’ in new devices
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Iran says it will break uranium stockpile limit in 10 days
- Pentagon releases new photos as proof Iran was behind tanker attacks
- Google leaks the Pixel 4, it’s the real thing
- Have to Hear Foreign Dirt to Know If It's Bad
- Biden 37, Warren 17, Buttigieg 11, Harris 9, Sanders 9
- USA actions threaten West Asia’s stability: Iranian President Rouhani
- Maurizio Sarri agrees personal terms with Serie A club