Williamson and Barrett were teammates at Duke last season as freshmen.
After all of the last-minute workouts with other players, NY made the expected move in taking Barrett with the third overall pick.
With multiple trades occurring in both rounds last night, it's easy to get confused about what teams own what pick, because the National Basketball Association has made it this way. The Pelicans sent Anthony Davis to Los Angeles in exchange for Lonzo ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart and three first-round picks, including the No. 4 overall in the 2019 Draft.
Though a heavily protected Cavs first-rounder was involved, per Woj (protections unknown), Hunter is still one of the few players that has both a high floor and a decently high ceiling in the 2019 NBA Draft class.
"Williamson is a 6'7" 285 lb. forward from Duke.
"Honestly, yes. I do think I'm ready", Williamson said, per The Times-Picayune's Andrew Lopez.
The Timberwolves have a new president of basketball operations, Gersson Rosas, the former Houston Rockets assistant general manager who's running a draft for the first time.
Six Canadians were drafted Thursday night, setting the record for a country other than the U.S.
"I'm going to do anything to win". Williamson averaged 22.6 points and 8.9 rebounds while shooting 68% from the field.
Williamson was interviewed by Maria Taylor after being picked, and as he stood by his mother, Sharonda, he paid tribute to her. In heading to Memphis, Clarke will play with No. 2 overall pick Ja Morant.
NY used its second round pick, No. 55 overall, on Virginia point guard Kyle Guy, who started all 38 games for the NCAA champion Cavaliers and was named the MVP of the Final Four. The Knicks also worked out Vanderbilt point guard Darius Garland earlier this week. In return, the Pelicans are sending Solomon Hill, the No. 57 pick and a future second-round pick to the Hawks, ESPN reported. With NBA Summer League starting on July 1, teams won't be able to get prospects they traded for playing until trades clear on July 6.
- New Zealand vs South Africa
- Brexit: The race to Number 10 Downing Street, second ballot results
- Artist and fashion icon Gloria Vanderbilt dies aged 95
- Trump campaign manager calls polling "the biggest joke in politics"
- Hawks move up to No. 4 pick after Pelicans trade
- Facebook launches cryptocurrency with Visa, MasterCard, Uber, and others
- Thousands in Istanbul Pray for Ex-Egyptian President Morsi
- Facebook's cryptocurrency ambitions face privacy concerns, political backlash
- 'Credible Evidence': U.N. Points to Saudi Prince Role in Khashoggi Murder
- Russian Federation says findings of MH17 crash investigation are groundless