They had Bangladesh tracking nearly similarly with Australia. The burly left-hander had previously scored 178 against Afghanistan in 2015 World Cup at the WACA in Perth, Australia. Mushfiqur Rahim was the star performer with the bat as he scored a brilliant century.
"If not then it's going to be very hard, which is exactly what happened. It is certainly pressure, but we have faith in our boys", Bangladesh captain Mashrafe Mortaza said.
There were signs of Warner's old flair, who switch-hit a four and then opened up once he passed the 100 mark from 110 balls, eventually pummelling five sixes as he moved level with all-time great Adam Gilchrist on 16 ODI hundreds for Australia.
Exiled from internationals for his role in the ball-tampering scandal in March 2018, Warner acknowledged it has been a "dark year for Australian cricket", yet he has gone some way to making amends.
"I don't mean to go out there and bat slowly, ' insisted Warner, who jokingly said his team-mates now call him "humble" following previous nicknames of "Bull" and 'The Reverend".
Usman Khawaja also hit a crucial 89, given he'd been retained for the match ahead of Shaun Marsh despite passing 20 once in the first five games of the tournament.
But the fireworks were reserved for the entrance of Glenn Maxwell with 34 balls remaining.
"We had a good partnership at the top of the order but 381 was too much". In the space of 10 balls he pulled, drove and steered 32 runs, the highlight being an off-balance helicopter shot played while falling over to the off-side, the ball soaring over cover and landing on the boundary rope for six. Their in-form openers David Warner and Aaron Finch gave them another solid start with the bat.
Medium pacer Soumya Sarkar (3/58) took three wickets while Mutsafizur Rehman (1/69) accounted for Steve Smith (1).
"That's just the way that we're playing at the moment and we can only adapt to the conditions that are in front of us".
Batting first, a weak bowling line-up contributed to Bangladesh's downfall early in the game, as a rampant Australia declared tyranny with a brutal assault over the bowlers.
There were more roars of approval when Mahmudullah launched Zampa for a 95-metre straight six before he holed out.
- You can download Harry Potter: Wizards Unite a day early
- Fed opens door to rate cut amid growing 'uncertainties'
- Trump begins '20 re-election bid, raises $24.8m on day one
- Briefing: Uptake of Facebook's Libra will depend more on regulations: Pony Ma
- Hunt questions Johnson's Brexit pledge as Tory contest enters third round
- Vivo’s 120W FlashCharge fills a 4000mAh battery in 15 minutes
- Trump says Iran strikes would not have been 'proportionate'
- Israel's Netanyahu urges support for US against Iran's 'aggression'
- Trump Says Alabama's Roy Moore Can't Win, But He's Running Again Anyway
- Facebook launches cryptocurrency with Visa, MasterCard, Uber, and others