Rouhani said: "We expect worldwide bodies to show proper reaction to the invasion move".
"We are going to put important additional sanctions on Iran on Monday", Trump wrote on Twitter, adding: "I look forward to the day when sanctions on Iran are lifted, and they become a prosperous and productive nation again - the sooner the better!"
"They're going on slowly and in some cases moderately without note", Trump talked about as he used to be departing for Camp David.
Trump said of the response, "Everybody was saying I'm a warmonger, and now they say I'm a dove".
Last year, US President Donald Trump unilaterally pulled his country out of the JCPOA, which was signed between Iran and world powers.
Last year, Trump withdrew the United States from the deal created to curb Iran's nuclear ambitions in exchange for sanctions relief, and reinstated measures created to choke off Iranian oil sales and cripple its economy.
"You can't have nuclear weapons", Trump said, implying anything else was open to discussion - and if Tehran doesn't want to talk, "you can live in a shattered economy for a long time to come". Worries about a confrontation between Iran and the USA have mounted despite Trump saying he has no appetite to go to war with Iran. "It's very important we avoid confrontation right now", they told Reuters, on condition of anonymity.
Iran was practicing high-stakes brinkmanship when it shot down a United States spy drone on Thursday over the waters of the Strait of Hormuz.
Concern about a potential armed confrontation between the US and Iran has been growing since USA officials recently blamed Tehran for mine attacks on two oil tankers in the Strait of Hormuz, allegations Tehran denies, and Iran's downing of the drone.
The officials say defense officials had prepared such a cyber response as a contingency plan for weeks preceding the attack.
"We will not allow any violation against Iran's borders. Iran will firmly confront any aggression or threat by America", Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi told the local media outlet.
- Trump says Iran strikes would not have been 'proportionate'
- Donald Trump issues denial after facing new sexual assault allegation
- Don't open 'Pandora's Box' in Middle East, China warns
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Records galore in England-Afghanistan World Cup match
- National Basketball Association draft goes heavy on Canadians
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Trump Says Alabama's Roy Moore Can't Win, But He's Running Again Anyway
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Fed opens door to rate cut amid growing 'uncertainties'