India moved a step closer to the Cricket World Cup semi-finals and ended West Indies' slim hopes of qualifying with a 125-run thrashing. "Like I say, I enjoy each and every moment playing for West Indies", Gayle said.
It was an underwhelming response from West Indies after they were economical with the ball and tidy in the field.
Kohli, with four successive half-centuries, has been a big reason for the team's solid showing and Rahul was quick to draw inspiration from the exemplary leader.
Kemar Roach starred with the ball picking up 3 scalps including the prized wicket of opener Rohit Sharma in controversial fashion. They lie one point behind holders Australia, who have played one more game.
Kohli quickly brought up a 55-ball fifty, but Roach's return to the attack saw Vijay Shankar and Kedar Jadhav edge behind.
Kohli completed his fourth successive fifty in the tournament and was joined by wicketkeeper-batsman M.S. Dhoni at the crease.
The West Indies began the tournament with a comprehensive seven-wicket win against Pakistan but soon lost momentum and that remains their only victory in six matches.
Former England captain Nasser Hussain on Wednesday came up with a teasing question for Pakistan cricket fans asking them who they would support in the England-India clash in World Cup 2019 at Edgbaston on Sunday.
Defeat for West Indies, who have only won one of their six matches, would end their already remote chances of reaching the semi-finals. But, unfortunately, he isn't at his best so far apart from a couple of games.
"It looks like a hard wicket". We made him focus on his cricket and the rest is there for everybody to see. I couldn't ask for more, but we let ourselves down with the bat.
"Things hadn't gone our way with the bat in the last few games, but we have found a way to win".
Earlier, Kohli continued his prolific run in the tournament but West Indies twice made smart use of the review system to reduce India to 140-4 in the 29th over.
Injured Evin Lewis and Ashley Nurse make way for Sunil Ambris and Fabian Allen.
They got off to a false start after Kohli chose to bat first, Rohit Sharma seemingly beaten between bat and pad by one that jagged back in from Roach, only for Ultraedge to detect a faint noise following a Windies review.
"We have that kind of confidence in the batting unit".
- Dollar inches higher after Fed curbs dovish enthusiasm
- Trump announces new sanctions against Iran
- Pelosi Becomes Visibly Emotional Over Drowned Father and Daughter
- Bottas knows he must "work hard" to end Hamilton's winning streak
- FedEx CEO: We can’t be police for US Dept. of Commerce
- Players' keenness to play IPL left Cricket South Africa helpless
- Iran unbowed by US 'insults', says supreme leader Khamenei
- Body found in search for popular YouTuber Desmond 'Etika' Amorah
- U.S. border agency acting head resigns amid child detentions outcry
- 'Divorced from reality': Palestinians reject United States economic plan