The native of Zaria, Nigeria called other teams expressing interest in him a "blessing", but said he is happy in Toronto, has been able to grow with the Raptors and his two kids are Canadian. I know he does understand. he doesn't complain.
"My heart goes out to the people that got hurt and I was going to come out with a statement but I thought I'd wait until today", Ujiri said.
It's a strong statement from Ujiri just days before free agency is set to get underway.
President Masai Ujiri and the Raptors front office pulled off perhaps the gutsiest move in team history, trading for Leonard without the assurance that he would be back beyond this past season.
And while it's unclear if the Wizards were aggressively pursuing Ujiri, we do know he's one of the hottest executives in all of sports right now, and some team is going to come along with an attractive offer one day. "My family loves it here".
All three players would give the Lakers much better shooting than they had a year ago as Green (45.5 percent), Curry (45 percent) and Ross (38.3 percent) are all coming off of great shooting seasons. "I think he saw that".
"So for us, there's that trust regardless of wherever it goes".
The team's potential push to keep Green and Gasol is noteworthy, as both players logged big minutes during the playoffs.
Ujiri still has one major task left though - trying to convince Leonard to resign with the Raptors. "I think we have to respect him for that decision that he has to make". "I do think we're lucky in a place like Canada that there is room for baseball, there is room for basketball, there is room for hockey, there is room for soccer", Ujiri said.
It has also been reported that should the Knicks strike out on all fronts, they'll commit to building a young roster around third-overall pick R.J. Barrett, promising centre Mitchell Robinson, and a presumptive high draft pick next summer.
- North Korea tells South to stop mediating between North, US
- Body found in search for popular YouTuber Desmond 'Etika' Amorah
- Tom Holland Almost Had an 'Into The Spider-Verse' Cameo
- Kevin Durant opting out as free agency sweepstakes begin
- China calls on upcoming G20 summit to support multilateralism
- Relive Carlos Brathwaite’ Stunning Knock Against New Zealand
- England captain Eoin Morgan responds to Kevin Pietersen’s "scared of Starc" remark
- Donald Trump calls out Megan Rapinoe for refusal to visit White House
- Pelosi Becomes Visibly Emotional Over Drowned Father and Daughter
- Amazon Prime Day 2019 Date Revealed: It All Starts July 15