On Thursday, the Lakers traded three players and Anthony Davis waived his trade bonus, giving the team enough salary cap space to sign a free agent to a max contract.
The Los Angeles Lakers offseason has been a productive one so far despite it getting off to a rocky start when president of basketball operations Magic Johnson resigned.
The other news of the day being that the Lakers would be trading Moritz Wagner, Isaac Bonga and Jemerrio Jones to the Washington Wizards. The Wizards will send cash to the New Orleans Pelicans in the deal, said the person who spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the agreement can not be finalized until July 6.
IN THE VIDEO ABOVE: Chat Sports' Lakers Report host Hannah Kulik predicts 5 possible Lakers lineups depending on who they land in 2019 NBA Free Agency. But the Lakers apparently are hopeful that it spurs a LeBron James-Kyrie Irving reunion.
Danny Green, Terrence Ross, and Seth Curry are all on the Lakers' radar, according to ESPN and could give LeBron James pretty good complementary pieces to work with. But, with Brooklyn being the reported landing spot for Kyrie Irving, the Lakers are hoping that the Nets see Russell as having too similar of a skill set to Irving and will allow him to walk.
The Lakers will now have a chance to pursue another star to pair with LeBron James and Anthony Davis.
When Leonard asked to be traded from the San Antonio Spurs past year, he wanted to be dealt to Los Angeles.
- Sri Lanka vs South Africa
- Beth Chapman, wife of ‘Dog the Bounty Hunter,’ dies at 51
- North Korea tells South to stop mediating between North, US
- Relive Carlos Brathwaite’ Stunning Knock Against New Zealand
- US Doesn’t Want ‘Balanced’ Trade Deal with China at G-20 Summit
- China calls on upcoming G20 summit to support multilateralism
- Iran unbowed by US 'insults', says supreme leader Khamenei
- India crush West Indies by 125 runs
- Zendaya Dressed Like Spider-Man for the 'Far From Home' Red Carpet!
- Kevin Durant opting out as free agency sweepstakes begin