Durant has also purchased a property in NY and moved his belongings there, according to Bleacher Report .
Durant could have some face-to-face meetings as well as communication by other means with him and Rich Kleiman.
The report also stated that Durant's decision-making process could last "well into next week".
Kevin Durant's next National Basketball Association destination has been narrowed to four possible teams.
The NBA's free agency period begins Sunday.
Durant had been widely expected to sign with the Knicks, but his thinking following his Achilles injury has become closely guarded. It would only be a one-year deal for Cousins if they miss out on Durant or Kawhi Leonard and Kyrie Irving. This gives him the option to test other teams' offers or even test a max offer from Golden State themselves.
The New York Times' Marc Stein reported the Knicks could offer a one-year contract to Durant's Golden State Warriors teammate, 6-foot-11 center DeMarcus Cousins, if they can't lure Durant to Madison Square Garden.
The past five seasons, he has averaged more than 20 points per game.
Durant is now dealing with a ruptured Achilles sustained in Game 5 of the NBA Finals.
Thompson has been open about the fact he wants to stay with the Warriors for years to come. Brooklyn and NY have tons of money to spend, yet neither seems to have a clear vision yet on which players will actually be getting that cash.
Butler would likely take a max contract offer from Philadelphia. And two, Durant would be owed more than $50 million when his then-35-year-old self plays the final year of that contract.
- France hits record high temperature in scorching heatwave
- Jalen Rose warns Kawhi Leonard not to join the Clippers
- You can now install iOS 13 on your iPhone
- US Doesn’t Want ‘Balanced’ Trade Deal with China at G-20 Summit
- China calls on upcoming G20 summit to support multilateralism
- Lakers trade Wagner, others to Wizards; create max salary slot
- India crush West Indies by 125 runs
- Pelosi Becomes Visibly Emotional Over Drowned Father and Daughter
- Sri Lanka vs South Africa
- Frustrated Kamala Harris: Americans Want Food, Not Food Fights