Wan-Bissaka, who has been on worldwide duty this month at the European Under-21 Championship, joined Palace's academy when he was 11.
"I started out as a striker".
The Londoner will hope his move to Old Trafford leads to a full worldwide debut on the right side of England's defence, where Kyle Walker, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Kieran Trippier are in competition.
"I like his mentality - that's how I am when I go on the pitch".
"The players he's played against shocked me", he said past year after Wan-Bissaka broke into the first team.
There are conflicting reports about Wan-Bissaka's current relationship status.
"Ole has reassured me about his plans, what he is going to do with the team", added Wan-Bissaka, who will wear the number 29 shirt. Wan-Bissaka made 46 club appearances in total for Palace and has represented England up to under-21 level.
After the deal was wrapped up, Manchester United manager praised the youngster's talent, expressing confidence that he would improve the Red Devils' squad.
The England U21 worldwide becomes Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's second signing of the summer after Daniel James' arrival from Swansea, and United's fifth most expensive signing of all-time behind Paul Pogba (£89m), Romelu Lukaku (£76m), Angel Di Maria (£59.7m) and Fred (£52m).
Right-back was highlighted as a problem area throughout last season for United; converted winger Ashley Young looked short of the required ability, Antonio Valencia struggled for fitness and Diogo Dalot appeared far more effective further forward.
- Shaheen flies high in must-win New Zealand clash
- Donald Trump calls out Megan Rapinoe for refusal to visit White House
- England captain Eoin Morgan responds to Kevin Pietersen’s "scared of Starc" remark
- US Doesn’t Want ‘Balanced’ Trade Deal with China at G-20 Summit
- Netflix favourite 'The Office' departing for NBCUniversal streaming in 2021
- British PM May confronts Putin over Skripal poisoning in tense G20 meeting
- Chipmaker Micron resumes shipments to Huawei after nosedive in quarterly revenue
- North Korea tells South to stop mediating between North, US
- Tom Holland Almost Had an 'Into The Spider-Verse' Cameo
- Dollar inches higher after Fed curbs dovish enthusiasm