Pakistan need to win today to keep their bid to reach the semi-finals of the showpiece event alive.
After Pakistani bowlers dismantled the partnership between Alikhil and Afghan, Zadran and Nabi struggled to maintain a healthy run rate that had dipped slightly.
If Afghanistan finished with a below par total after electing to bat under sunny conditions, it was because the batsmen threw away their wickets with some poor shot selection.
Pakistan fast bowler Shaheen Shah Afridi struck twice in successive balls to leave Afghanistan in deep trouble in their World Cup match at Headingley on Saturday. Former skipper Asghar Afghan and Ikram Alikhil built a 64-run stand before Afghan was cleaned up by leg-spinner Shadab Khan for 42. In video footage shared widely across social media, fans were seen attempting to break down a security gate. They were separated by spectators. Suddenly Pakistan needed just 28 runs from 24 balls and held their nerve to edge home. "Throughout my whole career, I think this was the most testing moment for me in a dressing room", he said, relieved after Pakistan emerged the victors against Afghanistan in a nail-biting game at Leeds.
Rashid Khan (R) gushes over dismissing Haris Sohail.
Afghanistan's Mohammad Nabi appeared to be accidentally rugby tackled by one steward, while his team-mate Hashmatullah Shahidi looked to come into contact with a supporter as he left the playing area.
The Afghan supporters were jumping up and down and waving their flags with joy when Fakhar Zaman fell to the second ball of the reply, lbw to off-spinner Mujeeb Ur Rahman.
Earlier, Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan, a World Cup-winning captain in his cricket days, tweeted his congratulations to the team for "keeping their nerve under pressure".
Imam-Ul-Haq and Babar Azam at the crease. Zaman, who was given lbw on Rahman's delivery, thought the ball had hit the bat first and chose to go for a review.
- Sri Lanka vs South Africa
- Kamala Harris Confronts Joe Biden During Democratic Debate for Working With Segregationists
- Netflix favourite 'The Office' departing for NBCUniversal streaming in 2021
- Ivanka Trump predicts 'Golden Era' for North Korea in nuke deal
- Zendaya Dressed Like Spider-Man for the 'Far From Home' Red Carpet!
- New York Yankees break 17-year Major League Baseball home run record
- U.S. beat France to book England semi-final
- Supreme Court Backs Partisan Voting Maps, Opening Path for More
- Durant plans to talk to Nets, Knicks, Clippers, Warriors
- Jalen Rose warns Kawhi Leonard not to join the Clippers