"When I was flipping houses, I thought I was pretty much done with golf", Lashley recalled.
"I always felt like I had the talent and ability to play out here, but it was just a matter of getting out here and getting comfortable", Lashley said.
Chip McDaniel tees off for round two at 8:35 a.m.
Second-ranked Dustin Johnson finished at 71 and Gary Woodland, coming off his victory in the U.S. Open at Pebble Beach, had a 69, but both missed the cut by three strokes.
Welcome to the official YouTube channel of the PGA TOUR.
Champ, who is from Sacramento, California, leads the tour in driving distance at 316.6 yards and ranks 187th in accuracy.
After a drive to the left side of the fairway on the 453-yard par-4 second hole, Cameron Tringale had a 103 yard approach shot, setting himself up for the birdie.
Poston recorded 10 birdies and one bogey while shooting a 63, the low score of the day, and Armour had five birdies and two bogeys while compiling a 69.
The 36-year-old American left US Open victor Gary Woodland trailing in his wake with a flawless round containing nine birdies as he made the most of excellent scoring conditions for the morning starters.
That's exactly what Lashley has been doing at Detroit Golf Club.
Lashley is not long off the tee, ranking among the middle of the pack at Detroit Golf Club. "Even when I didn't hit great shots they ended up OK", he said. At No. 3, he started confidently walking toward the cup before his 10-foot birdie putt went in to put him at 25 under.
The American recovered from a bogey at the third, only to then make a five on the par-three fifth.
While visions of breaking 60 abounded, Champ struggled on the back nine, making bogey at 13 and following a birdie at the par-5 17th on a nine-foot putt with a closing bogey, missing a four-footer for par. He opened the Rocket Mortgage Classic with a 63, setting a career low he matched Saturday.
"It just seemed like every time I hit a bad shot, it was in the wrong spot and made bogey", said Johnson, who had four of five bogeys on his back nine.
He belatedly started to fulfil his promise at the professional level, working his way up through minor tours before earning his PGA Tour card for last season.
- Chipmaker Micron resumes shipments to Huawei after nosedive in quarterly revenue
- Supreme Court Backs Partisan Voting Maps, Opening Path for More
- U.S. beat France to book England semi-final
- British PM May confronts Putin over Skripal poisoning in tense G20 meeting
- Ivanka Trump predicts 'Golden Era' for North Korea in nuke deal
- New York Yankees break 17-year Major League Baseball home run record
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Hang Out With Yankees in London
- Kamala Harris Confronts Joe Biden During Democratic Debate for Working With Segregationists
- Google is testing a dark theme Gmail for smartphones
- Clashes break out between Afghan and Pakistani fans inside stadium, two evicted