After spending two seasons in the Brooklyn Nets organization, Pinson may have a new home come next season but the team does still have the chance to re-sign him.
Russell will be a restricted free agent after the Nets extended a qualifying offer, The Athletic reported Friday, and will be fielding multiple offers when free agency begins 6 p.m. ET Sunday.
Now the Nets can turn their attention to Durant.
Though Brooklyn is in a good position with Irving, it's much murkier as far as Durant is concerned.
Russell reportedly has teams interested around the league including the Lakers and Pacers.
This is the news that Brooklyn Nets fans (most of them, at least) have been waiting to hear. "Going to the Lakers in this stage would be the last resort". But their focus has been pairing Durant with Irving, and they aren't believed to have any meeting slated with Leonard - who is expected to meet with the Clippers, Lakers, Knicks and Raptors.
With the 2020 free agency class not almost as loaded as the one this summer, the Clippers are hoping to land a superstar now to jump-start their plan of building a long-term championship contender. But we would not be surprised if it were none other than Irving's former teammate, LeBron James. That's a deal worth $140 million combined, using projections for the 2019-20 salary cap.
It will be interesting to see who, if anyone, Irving can now recruit to Brooklyn. The Boston Celtics are involved or connected to both signings.
That doesn't mean the Mavs will be quiet in free agency as they plan to make an offer to a big free agent this summer in Tobias Harris. I've given it thought on different scenarios and what could happen in free agency.
Irving averaged 23.8 points and 6.9 assists in 67 games this past season.
- Ivanka Trump predicts 'Golden Era' for North Korea in nuke deal
- Supreme Court Backs Partisan Voting Maps, Opening Path for More
- Sri Lanka vs South Africa
- Man United signs Wan-Bissaka from Palace for around $60M
- US Doesn’t Want ‘Balanced’ Trade Deal with China at G-20 Summit
- Jordyn Woods Hits Back At Claims She 'Never Apologised' To Khloe Kardashian
- Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard have discussed playing together
- Kamala Harris Confronts Joe Biden During Democratic Debate for Working With Segregationists
- New York Yankees break 17-year Major League Baseball home run record
- British PM May confronts Putin over Skripal poisoning in tense G20 meeting