After spending two seasons in the Brooklyn Nets organization, Pinson may have a new home come next season but the team does still have the chance to re-sign him.
Russell will be a restricted free agent after the Nets extended a qualifying offer, The Athletic reported Friday, and will be fielding multiple offers when free agency begins 6 p.m. ET Sunday.
Now the Nets can turn their attention to Durant.
Though Brooklyn is in a good position with Irving, it's much murkier as far as Durant is concerned.
Russell reportedly has teams interested around the league including the Lakers and Pacers.
This is the news that Brooklyn Nets fans (most of them, at least) have been waiting to hear. "Going to the Lakers in this stage would be the last resort". But their focus has been pairing Durant with Irving, and they aren't believed to have any meeting slated with Leonard - who is expected to meet with the Clippers, Lakers, Knicks and Raptors.
With the 2020 free agency class not almost as loaded as the one this summer, the Clippers are hoping to land a superstar now to jump-start their plan of building a long-term championship contender. But we would not be surprised if it were none other than Irving's former teammate, LeBron James. That's a deal worth $140 million combined, using projections for the 2019-20 salary cap.
It will be interesting to see who, if anyone, Irving can now recruit to Brooklyn. The Boston Celtics are involved or connected to both signings.
That doesn't mean the Mavs will be quiet in free agency as they plan to make an offer to a big free agent this summer in Tobias Harris. I've given it thought on different scenarios and what could happen in free agency.
Irving averaged 23.8 points and 6.9 assists in 67 games this past season.
- Nike reveals Orange coloured "Away Kit" for India
- Kamala Harris Confronts Joe Biden During Democratic Debate for Working With Segregationists
- France hits record high temperature in scorching heatwave
- India crush West Indies by 125 runs
- Australia opt to bat against New Zealand at Lord's
- Sri Lanka vs South Africa
- Pyongyang: Trump's invitation 'interesting' but no official request
- England's Houghton and Bright injury doubts for Norway clash
- U.S. beat France to book England semi-final
- Lakers trade Wagner, others to Wizards; create max salary slot