Manchester United have submitted an opening £31m bid for Bruno Fernandes and are ready to offer the Sporting Lisbon attacking midfielder a contract worth around £100,000-a-week, according to journalist Nicolo Schira.
Fernandes, 24, has emerged as a primary transfer target for Manchester United ahead of the 2019-20 campaign, after his exceptional displays for Sporting over the past year.
The renowned journalist claimed that Sporting are looking for an worldwide auction but at the moment, only Man United are decisively moving to lure the highly rated attacking midfielder.
Even if United have to give Palace another £50million to convince them to part with another of their star players, it would be worth it, as the club will have a right-winger who is just about to hit his prime.
Sporting are understood to value the Portuguese at around £70m and that remains a sum United are unwilling to match at the moment, given the need to save funds for other recruits.
With the Red Devils set to complete the signing of Crystal Palace wonderkid Aaron Wan-Bissaka, the next position which Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to strengthen is midfield, with Fernandes thought to be one of his primary targets.
The former Udinese star featured in 33 league games for Sporting in the last campaign and directly contributed in as many goals (20 goals and 13 assists).
Whilst the Red Devils are eager to hire a director, they will not rush into the decision, meaning Woodward will likely remain in charge.
- Kamala Harris Confronts Joe Biden During Democratic Debate for Working With Segregationists
- Clashes break out between Afghan and Pakistani fans inside stadium, two evicted
- Kyrie Irving planning to work toward deal with Nets
- Golf Roundup: Lashley shoots 67 to keep Rocket Mortgage Classic lead
- Man United signs Wan-Bissaka from Palace for around $60M
- Iran says it has breached stockpile limit under nuclear deal
- Clear parliament or expect 'appropriate force', Hong Kong police warn protesters
- Charlottesville auto attacker sentenced to life in prison
- Trump And Xi Came To This Agreement During The G20 Summit
- France hits record high temperature in scorching heatwave