A small, twin-engine plane has crashed into a hangar at Addison Airport near Dallas, causing a large fire and an unknown number of casualties, local and federal officials say.
Camera IconTen people have been killed in a small plane take-off crash at a Dallas-area airport.
For the investigation of the incident arrived representatives of the Federal aviation administration (FAA) of the United States.
The plane crashed into a hangar at Addison Airport shortly after taking off at about 9:10 a.m. Sunday and was destroyed by fire. But he said authorities hadn't confirmed who owned the plane and were looking into whether it recently had been sold. A spokeswoman for the town of Addison says they won't be releasing that information and the Dallas County medical examiner's office referred questions on the identities to the NTSB.
"It's a very sad day for a close-knit community", stated Clay Jenkins, the director of homeland security and emergency management for Dallas County, as he worked with other local officials to notify relatives of the deceased.
Members of the NTSB arrived on the scene to investigate the crash Sunday and began assessing the damage to the plane immediately, Jennifer Rodi, senior air safety investigator with the NTSB, told reporters. The national Council on transport safety has also made a decision to send its experts to investigate. The crash left a gaping hole in the hangar.
In a press conference Monday afternoon, NTSB officials said there may be some background noise on the recorder that will give them a better idea of what was going on with the airplane.
The plane was owned by EE Operations that is registered in DE, according to NBC DFW.
David Snell, who was getting ready to fly from Addison with a friend, told KDFW TV that the plane didn't sound right on takeoff: "It looked like it was clearly reduced power". The plane then veered left and dropped its left wing, before slamming into the hangar. My friend and I looked at each other and we're like, 'Oh my God.
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Hang Out With Yankees in London
- Red Sox, Yankees enjoy pregame royal visit
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Golf Roundup: Lashley shoots 67 to keep Rocket Mortgage Classic lead
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- The US will resume delivery of American technology products Huawei
- Trump And Xi Came To This Agreement During The G20 Summit
- Clashes break out between Afghan and Pakistani fans inside stadium, two evicted
- US Democratic frontrunner Biden drops in polls after debate