She then made her way to the practice courts to watch British number one Johanna Konta prepare for her first hit out.
Kate's friends, Katie Boulter, a British tennis player, and Anne Keothavong, a retired British tennis star, sat alongside her at the match.
Activities included a treasure hunt and bug spotting, and the duchess giggled as a young boy held a magnifying close to her face during their bug expedition.
THOUSANDS of people have queued up in the glorious sunshine for day two of Wimbledon.
Duchess Kate paid tribute to Princess Diana by including her favourite flowers - forget-me-nots - in the design. Even better? Her handsome smile! The chair umpire mentioned it before the coin toss.
As part of her longstanding work on Early Years, The Duchess believes that spending time outdoors plays a pivotal role in children's future health and happiness.
"Hopefully she'll come to many more of my matches", she said.
The Duchess told the children: "I love tennis, I think it's a great sport".
The garden the duchess co-designed with award-winning landscape architects Andrée Davies and Adam White for the Chelsea Flower Show was a huge success, with visitors queuing for up to two hours to view the space.
Dart, ranked 182, pushed Karolina Pliskova to three sets on her Wimbledon debut a year ago and had chances in the first set before being broken in the final game.
"Yes we spoke about that and she was very impressed with Coco's performance", she said.
Kate, 37, a long-time tennis fan, became the official patron of the All England Club in 2017, taking over from her husband Prince William's grandmother Queen Elizabeth II.
Spectators at Wimbledon on Tuesday were surprised to see Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, watching a British wildcard competing on the lowly outside courts.
- Kyrie Irving planning to work toward deal with Nets
- The US will resume delivery of American technology products Huawei
- Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard have discussed playing together
- Clashes break out between Afghan and Pakistani fans inside stadium, two evicted
- Trump And Xi Came To This Agreement During The G20 Summit
- U.S. to hold off on new China tariffs as talks restart
- Only Man United moving decisively to secure signing of £62.5million attacker
- Red Sox, Yankees enjoy pregame royal visit
- Golf Roundup: Lashley shoots 67 to keep Rocket Mortgage Classic lead
- Surprise Trump-Kim Meeting Aims to Restart Stalled Nuclear Talks